Mohawks Rock

What kind of attention does your mohawk attract?

First off, I'd like to say that Im going to be hacking myself a mohawk this summer. I plan on doing the duct tape method. I'd do it sooner but I plan on getting a job in a month or so. I figure if they already have me hired and THEN I get a hawk, they wont get rid of me.

But I was wondering what kind of attention your cut gets. Im sure you get plenty of it , but what kind. Good, Bad, Enthusiastic, tell me your experience.

Views: 3685

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My mohawk tends to get good attention...From surprising people...
I've had quite a few, older, rich, snobby women, tell me they quite enjoy my mohican, and ask how i get it to stand up. *hairspray* XD
a lot of people like it. i always get the same usual questions. it scares some old people, and little kids think its the coolest thing in the world : )
So true! Have you noticed that the brighter and more outrageous your hair colour is the more of a celebrity you become with the local toddlers?
i get mixed reaction really, i live in a little shit hole near london and i get plenty of stares which i dont mind but i find when i go out to clubs i get knobheads that think its funny to pull my spikes from behind. but i gotta admit most people just wanna ask how i spike it etc. and u know the chicks love mowies!
I went into a bar and 2 people bought me shots just because they luved the Hawk!!
I have only ever had one person be negative about my Mohawk so I shot him and since then no more problems , I have been lucky in the work I have done that no employer has ever requested that I get rid of the Hawk , I believe they know all to well what my reaction would be , plenty more jobs out there for someone with my experience :) the public are generally inquisitive when it comes to my Hawk and kids love it , maybe one day I will buy myself a kid but untill then it's good to wind them up then send them home for the parents to calm down , I like your attitude Matchstick , when your prospective employer said conservative you did not jump up and down screaming discrimination , at your age and with the work experience you have you could really hurt your prospects by being pig headed , a job now that you can use as a stepping stone is far better than no job and a chip on your shoulder , job = money = car + bike = freedom
my mum always says "you have so beautiful hair - why you wear it that way?" and she misses my old hairstyle.

my friends always make jokes about my hair but not in a rude way....we always joke about eachother what we do or look like - so my hawk is a perfect target for that.

other people here in austria aks the same questions as many of you already posted where i always laugh at the question "is that your real hair?" because everyone should see that its real because of my shaved sides and you see the roots come out of the scalp.
but mostly i do not realize that people are staring at me - my friends,when they are with me, tell me that everyone is staring and why i do not mind it....then i look around and say "is there really anyone staring?"

i´m working as a software engineer on carinthian university of applied sciencies and they said last year when i began to work her, that i should not have coloured hair - otherwise they cannot staff me.
so i coloured it black and didn´t shave the sides down and let it grow 1/2 inch.
but last week i coloured my hair (now that they know that i'm pretty good in my job) and with my hawk down it seems to be no problem for my superiors.
and on weekend i pull it up.
I've had people throw stuff at me, not like cool stuff but like half open full bottles of shit, and get yelled at. In school i have gotten beat up by like 7 people at once because the sides are not dead down to the scalp. Also it has scared little kids.
so far i've got mixed reactions, chavvy boys keep asking me what i use to stick it up with ..'ya, yuuu..dyke gal....wat?!...wat yuuu useh to stick that fin up wiv? VO5?' and some shit'eds do the jaws theme whenever i walk past....really mature! chavvy girls just laugh and point.

i love the positive comments though, at first the hawk was bright, shocking pink and my mate matt sang pink,pink, pink, pink no-stop, not so much now, it's faded and it's now yellowy orange with a tint of pink. a teacher of mine has a complusion to touch it everytime i see her, it's kinda weird. i've got loads of male attention since i've got it, so i rather like it.

but as for my family, only my immdeiate family know i have it, so can't wait to see the rest of their faces, at christmas. i find that middle aged men are the worst yet, random ones, they look at me as if i'm either the scum on their shoes or that i'm a slag, being neither they get the V. middle aged and older women just shake their heads and say that i should grow it long. it is long, just sticking upwards instead :)
i tried v05 it only works wit hbackcombing
haha my story is basically the same as the girl who posted before me.

I get the questions everywhere I go. At concerts, everyone loves it. Here in my local town, I get dirty looks, the boys make chicken noises when I walk by, and my stepdad calls me his spartan... but if I go to a larger town, its completely different

I get stopped at malls for pictures EVERYTIME I spike it and go shopping. I had a girl from a salon chase me down one time in order to snap a picture of it on her phone..Not going to lie, that attention is nice after the redneck feedback.
For the most part its pretty good, usually the ones who seem really negative are the fat balding men. (Thinks they are jealous) I've gotten in stare downs with some people, usually the younger red-neck kind, think that they might get a fight out of me or something. In larger city's, (and by larger I mean like, ND state capital large) I get generally less attention actually. Even a few other guys I've seen rocking the hawk don't even glance at me. Thats kinda nice actually. Being the narcissistic person that I am my first though is haha! mines bigger. (only one guy I've seen in person who's hair gets closer to the sky.)
Unlike you people, I've never been stopped for pictures. Maybe that will change when I dye it bright red.

RSS

Latest Activity

Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4
Toker left a comment for krazyk
Apr 2
Toker left a comment for ┌x┐ • •┌x┐Pots Pots Pots
Apr 2
Ty Wild updated their profile
Apr 1
A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Mar 25
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Mar 25
Mohawkedleatherguy shared a profile on Facebook
Jan 18
site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service