Mohawks Rock

What kind of attention does your mohawk attract?

First off, I'd like to say that Im going to be hacking myself a mohawk this summer. I plan on doing the duct tape method. I'd do it sooner but I plan on getting a job in a month or so. I figure if they already have me hired and THEN I get a hawk, they wont get rid of me.

But I was wondering what kind of attention your cut gets. Im sure you get plenty of it , but what kind. Good, Bad, Enthusiastic, tell me your experience.

Views: 3673

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i took a trip to Tennessee a couple months ago and a mohawk down there is so foreign that people would stop in the middle of a store get on there knees and pray as i walked by i would laugh so hard
My gold 'hawk with red tips has garnered very favorable comments.
Mixed reaction. Girls seem intimidated by it. They dont understand how another girl could shave off half their hair willingly. And guys, well most seem turned on by it. But you do get the occassional comment of 'whats with the hair' but thats usually coming from nearby drunk who has the same haircut and colour as all of his mates. Though i seem to get stared at more for the way i dress with a mohawk and the fact i have a pregnancy bump. That people cant quite come to terms with. Punks not allowed to have sex anymore?lol.
gawd sex is so YESTERDAY in the scene duh! =p
I needed a new pair of bedroom slippers (OK, as most of you know, I'm an ancient 50 y/o and my feet get cold). Finally found a pair a Payless Shoes after work. The clerk really got into my gold mohawk w/ red tips. Made my day....
slippers are things that cross the ages friend =) I love slippers actually haha. I used to have a pair of Rottweiler slippers...they were equally cheesy and awesome. Friends would come knock my door down at 3am and I would come out in those slippers and blue PJ pants that had a theme of cows and coffee drinks. Mix those two things with blue liberty spikes or mohawk and yo get an interesting appearance for sure I guess.

anywho..slippers...just say yes!
If they would have had a pair of schnauzer slippers, I probably would have gotten those. My two schnauzers actually did in the old pair when they were pups (they also did in a pair of Doc boots). Fortunately, as 4 y/o, they no longer chew footwear.
Both have little 'doggie hawks' on the tops of their heads (their groomer likes my hawk and thought it would be cute to have the whole 'family' with 'hawks.

schnauzers are the best i also have two woop

It's been pretty good, but I think the look makes strangers afraid to say/do otherwise. ;) Family and friends love it.

The funniest reaction I've had was a couple of 8yr olds in a store whispering to each other is that a boy or a girl? I think it's a girl... where I then turned and gave them (and their mom) a dazzling smile. LoL it was so funny, their mom was so embarressed.
Mostly I get positive reactions and for other people it's a real icebreaker to start a conversation.

Some people make fun of it, but it's always teenagers, so I don't really mind. They make fun of everything that is slightly different.

The only thing that really bothers me is people touching my hair, or pulling it, without asking me for permission or even talking to me. I either return it and start touching their hair or I calmly and politely ask them if they think it's normal to touch someones hair without even speaking to them.
So far it's been hard to get used to. My boyfriend did it, and he did a really good job, the lines are super straight and symmetrical. He said that he likes how I looked, and I liked it. But when I went to work, people just say "that's interesting" "that's going to take a while to get used to" and of course "that's brave of you".. with their googly eyes o.O But I've never went to work with it up.. Maybe people think it looks bad down.. I don't. But I've just been wearing a hat to work. I don't like having my head so naked, I want to grow out the sides at least an inch or so..
I know it can be hard, but you shouldn't become insecure just because other people don't like it. You should ask yourself how much their opinion really matters.

RSS

Latest Activity

A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Monday
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Monday
Mohawkedleatherguy shared a profile on Facebook
Jan 18
Mark Janes replied to rotten's discussion 'What kind of music are you into?'
Oct 13, 2023
Emil Sellven posted photos
Dec 20, 2022
VooDoo_Drunk shared Dead End Demon's photo on Facebook
Nov 30, 2022
A photo by Mohawkedleatherguy was featured
Oct 15, 2022
A photo by Bartje Punk was featured