Mohawks Rock

I have been rocking the mohawk for almost a year strong now , and everywhere I go (no matter if its the local tavern, parties, or just on the street) a wide variety of people walk up to me out of the blue and say things like i love your hair . it suprises me because i live in a small town with little or no punkage rep(actually i think im the only one around sporting the hawk).... i was just wondering if you guys get the same thing >?

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunatly, im the only punk in my town...there are a couple junkies that sport a hawk but are to stupid to know how to put it up so they just leave it down all the time. I get alot of compliments, mostly from foregin people. They didnt grow up in the image-obsessed culture that americans did, so they actually appreciate it, i also get alot of compliments from elderly women. I get alot of laughs from concieded preps, goody goods, and alot of threatening looks from super right wingers and rednecks. But all in all, its mostly positive
You kinda look like someone I used to date...
Weird. lol
Believe it or not i actually have a stalker type girl. She is obsessd with mohawks. And well mine si one fo 3 where i go to school now. And is by far the most impressive because it is the tallest. So she always has her friends coem up to me sayign she like sit and says hi. Not once have i ever met this gil though. Most fo the time i get some pretty cool people complimenting it, or sharing stories of when they had one. Others give me weird looks, grab purses, and kinda shy away, thinking that i'm some kind of bad ass wantign to steal their stuff. Also the cops her are very stereotypical and racist, so i always have issues with them.
From my experiences kids love my hair, they are always pointing at me and smiling or telling their parents to look, i find it amusing. especially when the parent is one that you can tell hates the whole omg he doesnt look normal look and their 7 year old kid argues with them saying it looks cool.
Yes that is always an interesting occurrence. I always try my best to smile at the kids and say hi back to them or wave so they do not get the impression that people that look like me are evil monsters.

I did have a few kids as well who were literally afraid to walk by me and instead clung to their parents. I felt pretty bad for the kid not because I am scary looking but the kid probably has some type of baggage and that sucks.
no punks whatsoever here either.

today was my first day with one,
& all besides my dad no one talked shit (besides the usual shit-talkers)
people touched it & stared with a smile.
even my teachers were amused by it.
i went to a kegger today.. lots of compliments, lots of pictures, lots of kids with the jaw-open-wide-eyed stare, and one drunk guy who insisited he touch it the moment i turned to face him..scared me haha.. thought id share :P
I have the exact same thing happen with me! I live in a town with about 1500 people in it and I am the only person within a 50 mile radius wearing the hawk. I get alot of compliments especially when I dye it crazy colors. It's great because I live to be original! I am not a fan however of when I play a sports game and some kid from the other team keeps asking to touch it.
ah yes everybody has an opinion lol. well my favorite so far was i was walking through walmart and a kid was apparently disobeying his mom or somethin and i walked by and left the isle. but stopped at the end looking at something. not knowing i was in earshot the woman said "behave! you dont wanna end up like that kid do you?" this made my day :)
I live in London so I get random tourists (generally Japanese or American) wanting their photo taken with me. It's weird!
do people here ever get old people trying to touch it.... the mo hawk i mean!
I live in a subsidized housing building that is 99.9 percent old people. When I first moved in a few years back they were so scared of me.

Now they love me and joke about wanting their hair like mine =) Plenty have asked to touch it and ask the routine questions of how I do it etc.

RSS

Latest Activity

A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Monday
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Monday
Mohawkedleatherguy shared a profile on Facebook
Jan 18
Mark Janes replied to rotten's discussion 'What kind of music are you into?'
Oct 13, 2023
Emil Sellven posted photos
Dec 20, 2022
VooDoo_Drunk shared Dead End Demon's photo on Facebook
Nov 30, 2022
A photo by Mohawkedleatherguy was featured
Oct 15, 2022
A photo by Bartje Punk was featured