Mohawks Rock

...I've only been to punk shows no metal ones yet but im eager to hear what others have to say! Plus, i wanna know who's worth seeing live.

Views: 131

Replies to This Discussion

as of now I've only been to three shows
Metallica, Queensryche, and Testament
The best so far was undeniably Testament
It was my first pit and it was fuckin amazing, i couldnt hear right for days
It was at the Tracadero in Philly which is a small place so i was right up front near the band
hopefully im also seein Judas Priest next month and i wanna try to go to Warped and Mayhem too
I also might be goin to a Rise Aginst concert with Rancid and Billy Talent
I didn't see them at Priest Feast. I wish. They came back to US and i saw em in Philly. but hopefully ill see these next four concerts cos thats a lot of bands considering Warped and Mayhem have plenty and Rise Against is touring with Rancid and Billy Talent both of who id also love to see and i might even get to that one free
the best for me was in 1982 at the hubb in san francisco's bay area ( AKA the bay area bangers ) I flew over to see one of my fave bands at the time Raven , they kicked arse as usual but they were blown off the stage by a young pimple faced band called metallica , when they played Motorbreath I was hooked , bought the demo tape no life till leather and a kill em all for one singlet at the gig , the line up then was Mustain , Hetfield , Mc govney , ulrich , and now I have seen them so many times it's become boring , but I'm going to see all that remains soon so will give a gig report on that one :) just heard the new track from Killswitch Engage's new album , sounds a little different but still good .
The best one tht i went to was like two years back. It started off with Katakysm, then Devildriver, then Dimmu Borgir, and then Unearth. I was rocking my patriot hawk Red, white and blue, with red and white stripes on the left side, and a blue star on the right.It was all fun, moshing and thrashing, and crowd surfing, until this big mother fucker decided to fuck me up real good. I was standing in the front of the pit, and this dude was in the back. I think he was picking targets, and purposly trying to hurt someone. He did this weird tackle move and i turned around to take the shot to my stomach. He moved me and the 3 dudes behind me 3 feet. And i went down. The 3 picked me up, i took 1 step, and went back down. A security guard picked me up and with no hesitation, slapped me in the face, which brought me back. I looked at the security guard as he asked me if i was ok, i nodded and slammed my way back into the pit, like a true patriot to metal. The story is not over though. It ended up that i got a hernia from the whole situation, a year later. This show will go down as my favorite, not because i almost died, but because I saw Devildriver and Dimmu Borgir at one event. God isn't life grand
The Black Dahlia Murder @" Hove" in Norway was amazing, the concert was in a kind of amphitheater, and the whole area in front of the stage was one huge circlepit! It was like 50x60 meters large! That was HUGE! At least in Norway, where most shows are small, and huge bands Slayer only get about 7000-8000 people in the audience, and that's people from the whole country.. The total population in Norway is about 4.6 million people, which is pretty small compared to the rest of the world.. Norway got about as many inhabitants as South Carolina ;P
I would have to say Summer Slaughter 2008 was the best death metal show I've been too. 10 bands one after the other. Part of me wanted it to be a festival because I was so damn tired half way through. I can't rmember all the bands but Kataklysm and Black Dahlia Murder were the best. Mayhem was good too but I was feeling the effects of summer slaughter for a week.
whatever you do don't go to Black Dahlia, they suck more than they do on cd when their live, sword on te otherhand was pretty fun, i'd say that'd be my favorite metal show
Down was my favorite, but only because Phil pounded my fist and Rex threw me one of his bass picks. Craziest would probably be Slayer. People go fucking ape-shit there.
iron fuckin maiden, somewhere back in time tour at the bank atlantic center in ft. lauderdale; i saw them like 20 times in the 80's and early 90's and thought i'd never get to see 'em again.paid $140 for two nosebleed seats the day tix went on sale, then, 4 days before the show, the dude that was going to the show with me won floor tix on the radio. i was the only mother fucker at the show that crowd surfed and i made it all the way to the stage; BAD FUCKIN ASS!!!
Attachments:
Morbid Angel and Behemoth at a small venue where David Vincent jumped off the stage and bought everyone drink after the show when it ended four hours after it was supposed to.
Impaled is fucking sick; perfect mix of intelligence, sarcasm, and fire. Love how Ross's bass sets aflame on one end of the headstalk.
Slayer gets insane pits in California
Suffocation never fails to disappoint
The same with Phobia and Rotten Sound
Type O negative by far!

with devildriver, filth, opeth, dream theate system of a down and slipoknot ver close

Type O Negative are one of my favourite bands
i will never see em again :(
It's got to be a tie between Slayer, Alice Cooper, Rammstein & Iron Maiden. All played Sonisphere 2010 but I saw Slayer headline the HMV Forum and it was insane, a brilliant night. As for the other three, they headlined the festival and kicked ass 3 nights in a row.

RSS

Latest Activity

Toker commented on Gigs McGee's group 'Beer Lovers!!'
Tuesday
Toker left a comment for ScumFuc
Tuesday
Gibby updated their profile
Apr 19
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4