Mohawks Rock

i got a Mohawk today
what do you recommend for spiking it up(something cheap)
and i have curly hair should i straighten it before i spike it up
please give me some ideas

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have curly hair to i straighten it but you dont have to i find it easier tho as for spiking it got 2 b glued is cheap and works well but will fall in the pit white glue works good to but it dries your hair out alot suger water boiled up works to or soggy soap, knox gelatin works but ive never used it so i couldnt give you tips, fuck i knew a guy that used boot polish it held his hair up for a month im sure there are more ways to hold it up but look in to those they all have down falls but if it works it works
kool thx
Depends upon how big your mohawk is but Spike gave some good ideas. I've used Elmers before, but found that I lost a lot of hair, so I wouldn't suggest that. Hairspray always seems to be the best for me as I have a bigger mohawk and keeping it light so it can stand is one of the major issues. I use Got2BGlued, but a cheaper spray like Rave should work too, just depending upon how large it is. Oh and a hair dryer is a must. Not sure about the curliness, but I know someone wrote a blog on here about it somewhere.
I would say a straightener would not hurt at all...before and after it is up. I am starting to do this and it helps make it look better. You can also use an iron on low temp for same effect.

Some people if they have a long enough mohawk will just comb it out onto a flat surface, spray it, and run an iron over it.

cost effectiveness...have to think about how long your hair is, how long you need it to stand, how much product you will use. Hair glue like Got2be and especially ICE is a bit pricey for my taste honestly. Rave 4x spray is a bit over 2 bux a can but if you have longer hair and do it often you will go through it somewhat quick. Gelatin is pretty cheap and fast and strong once you have the method down and will last you awhile. A little can go a long way with that shit.
Cheapest thing to spike it up with is Knox...$1.25 a box..with 4 uses per box, and your hair can stand for days with only minor touchups!!! My hair is the thickest curliest hair out of anyone I know..and with Knox I don't even need to use a blow dryer or a straightener. I find it easier to go with spikes over a fan with my type of hair. I like both styles but I would look dumb with a fan, in spikes I get all kinds of compliments....plus spikes make you look like a badass ;)

RSS

Latest Activity

Toker commented on Gigs McGee's group 'Beer Lovers!!'
Tuesday
Toker left a comment for ScumFuc
Tuesday
Gibby updated their profile
Apr 19
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4