Mohawks Rock

So here's the deal, you've had your hawk for a week, 6 months or 10 years, it doesn't matter. You're comfortable with your "height" and you just go from place to place pretty much unconcerned with how or why other people might be observing you (you deny your understated hotness, for the sake of argument let's say.)

So when you're out and about and you -do- have your picture taken, how do you react? I should share a little: most of my "stranger danger" situations with photographers have fallen into two groups, 1.) those individuals that are ok and willing to come up to you and actually ask you if it's ok if they take your picture, and even more, they talk to you, ask you about say your hair, job, interests, etc. and then there's the second group, 2.) those individuals who you only sort of see on the perimeter, if at all, but you definitely hear the camera shutter, and see the camera being palmed as they hastily make a quick retreat after they've been spotted. This type avoids eye contact and never starts a conversation.

I like group number 1. I've always wished group number 2 could take a social risk and reach over a barrier or something.

So, anybody else? Positive or negative observations -or- interactions when you catch yourself being photographed by someone you don't know?

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"freaks gotta eat" love it
I've only had someone come up and ask me for a picture twice and both times it was at the same place (some Mongolian BBQ place in the mall near where I live.). Both times it was a mom and her daughter asking if they could take a picture of me and my hair, I was hungover both times and just said sure (normally I'd be more enthusiastic about it). I get a lot more of the second category though, specially if I have to walk through the mall, it gets rather annoying but I'm not the type to get in someones face about small stuff like that.
The one thing i hate hate hate is that i've actually had people try and take pictures while there driving. Are you trying to get into a car crash ???? Fucking stupid idiots

RSS

Latest Activity

Toker commented on Gigs McGee's group 'Beer Lovers!!'
yesterday
Toker left a comment for ScumFuc
yesterday
Gibby updated their profile
Friday
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4