Mohawks Rock

Now im not talkin about that neo goth bullshit with the uber baggy Tripp pants and shit im talkin bout the old skool goth look the look that most people nowadays would probly consider emo. with th tightish pants (not ball huggin ones eithr) and a slashed up shirt or a mesh shirt or even jus a regular white tshirt with something random written across it with a sharpie. im currently attempting to bring this look back. so tell me your opinion.

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most fashion "trends" or subcultures or whatever, I really do not have a problem with and I think people put far too much effort into trying to disconnect themselves from people by adopting one look and then shit talking all the others so they can feel important.

If your into it that's awesome. Go for it and do what you wanna do be it gangsta, punk, indy kid, goth, emo, or just plain. Its clothing nothing more, nothing less. Though our image can definitely send out ideas of what our beliefs, ideas, or personality might be, it is most important to not judge the book by the cover =)

As for the question, I dig the old school look. Ever since I was a kid in the 80's I was fascinated with the counter culture fashion trends such as punk and goth. You have to admire people who can willingly put themselves on display like that and potentially become the area pariah solely for how they dress. =)

so I say go for it! and good luck at that!
frilly poet shirts and fuck everything else =p If your not being asked if your a vampire your not doing it right haha.
I'm a big fan of the old school goth look. I like making my hawk fluffy and backcombed like a deathhawk, which is what I was originally going for, though sometimes I like the fanned mohawk look as well.
I was born in 1972... hence I feel your pain... Back in the day, a real Goth was just that, real... Goth has taken on different subcultures and gone in different directions then what we grew up knowing. Fuck, I went to the cemetary everyday after school to be left the fuck alone and smoke, not to be cool, lmfao...
yea same here it was a peaceful place to just sit think and read or smoke or even drink alone. the one i went to was an abandoned one so it was even better. i may not have been born in that era but i still luv it and dress it and want to bring it back.
If you like it, great. If you don't, great. You should not, however, flame other scenes simply because you are not in to them; how do you like it when others do the same to you? Personally I prefer the neo goth scene as I am really into industrial music (amongst other things.) Some of the people that are big fans of the classic goth look will trash talk neo goths and other evolutions of the scene because they see them as "posers" Personally though I think that anyone who becomes too caught up in fitting in to a certain lifestyle or look are the posers as those that are genuine will wear whatever the fuck they want to without giving thought to the opinions of their peers. Its also important to note that you and others that are into alternative lifestyles/scenes should accept, if not embrace, all other scenes that go against the mainstream (hippies, punks, goths, neo goths, hybrids, etc.)
fuckin beautiful
goths looked alot tougher, back when...but then again..who diddn't?
I like baggy black pants, but Tripp is a shit brand. I made my own pair of bondage pants, but I don't really consider myself goth or much of anything really. These guys look pretty hard, but the first picture looks downright silly. I like goth, but only if it is toned down a bit. But that's only an opinion!

RSS

Latest Activity

Gibby updated their profile
5 hours ago
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4
Toker left a comment for krazyk
Apr 2
Toker left a comment for ┌x┐ • •┌x┐Pots Pots Pots
Apr 2
Ty Wild updated their profile
Apr 1
A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Mar 25
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Mar 25
site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service