Mohawks Rock

I'm kind of scared to get a mohawk because what if I decide I don't like it? I'm already being a wimp by leaving an inch on the sides and bangs. I'm not afraid of criticism, I'm just afraid I won't like it and my hair takes forever to grow back. I'm also going back to school very soon and im not sure that i can have it up and what if it looks dumb when its down? What will be the point then?
I overthink things way too much.
*sigh

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

try to hawk your hair and slick the sides back, it will give you a good idea of how you will look overall. your hair grows a lot faster then you would think when you shave your head, and if you dont like it, invest in a wig you like until your hair gets to a length you like again. i always say, its just hair..it grows back (even if it might take a little while). though deff check with your schools dress code before you go shaving your head. seeing as how you live in the US it shouldnt be much of a problem unless you go to a private school..
i think you should just go ahead with it!!! i`m getting liberty spikes done 2moz and i`m going back to school very soon:( my school should be fine with it but if not thats my fault...lol
see, you gotta keep in mind that most chicks worry about their hair a million times more then most guys do haha. more often then not "just do it" isnt an option when it comes to a girl shaving her head! :P
like was already said...if you end up not liking it it will grow back but never dismiss things without trying =) It is just hair and ultimately it is nothing important. It is more of an impressive feat of character to actually face your anxiety and try it and then go from there. Kind of a problem with people is only thinking negatively...yeah oyu might do it and you might hate it......or......you might do it and fall in love with it..........never know unless you try =)

as for hair growing slowly...it seems like a lot of people (myself included) always think this but scientifically it has been proven that the average hair growth in a year is 6 inches =) I think maybe we just get too anxious when we are waiting and it seems to grow much slower than it really does.

whatever you wish to do best of luck
I had the same feelings before I cut my mohawk, but when I got it... I like fell in love with it. I agree completely with CorpseQueen to kinda get the idea of what it will look like. Check with your school, just to make sure it's OK, too. An inch is a little big... right now I have to about 1/2 an inch on the sides, because the assholes at my school don't want it to be totally shaved (sorry about the swearing lol).
actually putting it up before i decide was something i hadnt thought of, should have though. depending on if i like it or not i may go shorter on the sides. youve all at least convinced me to try it . and if i decide i dont like it, hey i can still watch you all rock it.:)
There is nothing wrong with fauxhawking. You could ask a hair stylist or anyone who might know how to do it to cornrow the sides of your head, and then spike the middle.
I worried the week before I got a hawk.. You gotta just do it lol if you feel fine about your personal image already then chances are you'll enjoy it after you finally get a hawk

I have a 5 inch mohawk and the sides of my head are bald almost.. and when I wear my hawk down it covers about 60% of my head, so if your hairs about as long as mine or longer don't worry'

If you really end up hating it then grow the sides of your hair to about an inch and lay your hair down =)
im probably getting it cut this weekend.i need to get more dye though because mine is fading. ill probably just wear it down at school most of the time, after all i still have the weekends.

ill probably post pictures.
thanks guys
Yeah, nothing wrong going with the faux hawk. You know what they say, better a faux-hawk then no-hawk, or something like that, lol. But I wouldnt worry, I would have to say that most women can pull of a mohawk (or faux hawk).
just shave it and brave it you will love it im sure
okay i cut it today and its up. i like it up but it kinda looks funky down. my mom wanted me to do like two inches for the sides so its longer on the sides than i wanted. ill post pics when i have some that dont look like crap:)

RSS

Latest Activity

A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Monday
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Monday
Mohawkedleatherguy shared a profile on Facebook
Jan 18
Mark Janes replied to rotten's discussion 'What kind of music are you into?'
Oct 13, 2023
Emil Sellven posted photos
Dec 20, 2022
VooDoo_Drunk shared Dead End Demon's photo on Facebook
Nov 30, 2022
A photo by Mohawkedleatherguy was featured
Oct 15, 2022
A photo by Bartje Punk was featured