Mohawks Rock

Mohawks And Dating (or perhaps "The Mohawk Mating Call")

Hey gang!

Just wondering people's experiences or thoughts as they relate to mohawks and dating/relationships... Some possible questions to mull over for this thread:

* If you're dating someone, do they have a mohawk as well? What do they think of yours? Was a mohawk at all influential in meeting the person you are with?
* If you're single, do you find a mohawk to be something very attractive in others? If you're rocking a 'hawk now, is it something you'd hope someone else would find extremely attractive about YOU?
* Any fun or interesting experiences you've had regarding dating and mohawks?

--------------------------
As for my own replies to the above, I'm currently single and currently rocking a ~7" fan which I'm hoping to keep growing out. I have to admit that (on the right person) I find a mohawk amazingly damn sexy, and it's definitely something I'd be likely to go up to said person and start a conversation about to break the ice.

Besides simply enjoying the fun that is rocking my own hawk, I admit that I hope it's something someone else would find attractive about me - or at very least something visually unique that singles me out as someone interesting. (Makes it harder to get lost in the crowd as it were, and also tends to help filter out the judgmental idiots you'd not want to talk to anyway, let alone ever consider hitting on!)

Personally, I think that while the criteria you date someone on should surely be a lot deeper than simple outward appearances, I think there's nothing wrong with a screaming uniqueness to help attract the attention of other cool, open-minded people! :D

Views: 1135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a single man, and would personally love to find a girl with a mohawk, they are incrediably sexy on women. But, more or less I'd just be content with finding a girl that digs the same music and other ideals that I have lol....and possibly talk her into getting a mohawk down the road =D

As for to weither others find it attractive on me. I would have to say they do as I get alot of conversation/mohawk stroking from females, but with me living in the DC area, i think most women here are all about "buisness" and assume that anyone with a hawk is not goal oriented (if that makes any sense)

The mohawk does help me in finding people that are "like-minded" though, which is nice where i live, as the music scene has gone to the shitter here =P
I can tell you how it was with my girlfriend. When I first met her, about 15 months ago, her hair and style of dress was stylish and beautiful, but pretty normal. She did have a wild side though, and she also liked rock and punk music. When we started dating, she said, I should get rid of my mohawk and my punk style. However, I insisted that this was part of me and I would not get rid of it at all. Our relationship got more intense, but my girlfriend still complained about my hair. I needed to get creative.
For her next birthday, gave my girlfriend as a gift a wild stylish black dress with metal and studs in it, a studded bracelet and 14 hole steel toed docs. I knew that she had a wild side in her which she did not dare to show (otherwise we probably would not have found each other), and it turned out to be right. At first, she was a bit hesitant, but she tried the new outfit on and somehow liked it. I told her to wear it next time we go out together, and I could pursuade her to do so. She received a lot of compliments for her looks and her new courageous outfit. After that, she got a lot more daring in her style of clothes and started wearing her docs regularly. She also started to accept my mohawk haircut.
After a few months, I suggested to her that she should get a mohawk as well. It took some time to pursuade her, but she finally agreed to try it. When she finally got her mohawk, she really looked awesome! She started liking it as well, and started to wear the mohwak quite regularly.
In the fall, we had a very formal dancing event in town, where people usually dress in a tux and evening wardrobe. In the past, my girlfriend had always told me to look proper, but this time she really surprised me. At first, she disappeared for a while, and when she was ready to go, she really rocked; she had a stylish blue dress, a blue colored mohawk and her docs spotted matching blue laces; she looked gorgeous. We kissed each other and had a hell of an evening. I knew she had finally accepted to show the outside world that she is a rebel and a punk. Since that evening, my girlfriend wears her mohawk and her boots everyday and we are rocking the world together! fuck the boring establishment!
awesome. congratulations to the both of you.

lol i'm in sorta the same situation with you, you know, like the normal girlfriend with a wild side, except that my girlfriend keeps saying how she wants to do all these things like dress wild and have crazy hair but she never ends up doing it.

but it's alright though, i'm contented knowing that others have it good :)
my different hawks have certainly brought me a lot of attention from the oposite sex , but truth be known it has not helped in the romantic side of things , I may have a hawk but that does not change the fact that I am ugly to the bone , personally I look at what's inside before I look outside , just seems that the women these day's are more interested in how you look .
"I've accepted the fact that I probably will be single and have very few friends for the rest of my life. "

Aww... don't say that...

I wish I could hug you with the internet.
YEs group hug for LenaBean!!
im still single, but yes chicks with hawks=win
ive been single for about a year now, with no dating prospects at all, but as soon as i cut my hair into a mohawk i have been having to practically fend off the men. and i would love to date a guy with a mohawk. it would be really cute to help dye each others hair lol
Lol, it is fun.
=]
I thought it was funny how I used to make sam dye my hair.
Not anymore cause that's my job, but it was wicked cute!
WHY CANT YOU PEOPLE LIVE HERE!
I totally concur!!
THATS WHAT I"M SAYING!

RSS

Latest Activity

Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4
Toker left a comment for krazyk
Apr 2
Toker left a comment for ┌x┐ • •┌x┐Pots Pots Pots
Apr 2
Ty Wild updated their profile
Apr 1
A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Mar 25
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Mar 25
Mohawkedleatherguy shared a profile on Facebook
Jan 18
site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service