Mohawks Rock

Mohawks And Dating (or perhaps "The Mohawk Mating Call")

Hey gang!

Just wondering people's experiences or thoughts as they relate to mohawks and dating/relationships... Some possible questions to mull over for this thread:

* If you're dating someone, do they have a mohawk as well? What do they think of yours? Was a mohawk at all influential in meeting the person you are with?
* If you're single, do you find a mohawk to be something very attractive in others? If you're rocking a 'hawk now, is it something you'd hope someone else would find extremely attractive about YOU?
* Any fun or interesting experiences you've had regarding dating and mohawks?

--------------------------
As for my own replies to the above, I'm currently single and currently rocking a ~7" fan which I'm hoping to keep growing out. I have to admit that (on the right person) I find a mohawk amazingly damn sexy, and it's definitely something I'd be likely to go up to said person and start a conversation about to break the ice.

Besides simply enjoying the fun that is rocking my own hawk, I admit that I hope it's something someone else would find attractive about me - or at very least something visually unique that singles me out as someone interesting. (Makes it harder to get lost in the crowd as it were, and also tends to help filter out the judgmental idiots you'd not want to talk to anyway, let alone ever consider hitting on!)

Personally, I think that while the criteria you date someone on should surely be a lot deeper than simple outward appearances, I think there's nothing wrong with a screaming uniqueness to help attract the attention of other cool, open-minded people! :D

Views: 1069

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My boyfriend and I are a mohawked couple, however, neither of us were hawked when we met, but he asked me out when I'd had mine for a little while, then got one himself after we'd been dating a few months, so I can't really say either of us was attracted based on the other's hair.
It is fun having the same hair, though. People tend to recognize us in random places...my dentist, who used to forget my name mid-visit, was able to remember what both of us had worn to homecoming, and how we'd dyed our hair because she'd seen us while working the coat-check, and a random lady at the bank remembered us from the previous marching season because she's been working at the concessions stands at a couple football games.
We've gotten a pretty wide range of comments from people, from "That's so cute!" (usually older people) to "GOD that's annoying." (often people my age or younger).

I do have to say, though, that I dig interesting hair, and that a person's hair is usually the first thing I noticed about someone. I'm glad my boyfriend's into that kind of thing, too, because I can't say I'm really that attracted to "normal" hair....if there's going to be protein strands hanging off your head, you might as well do something fun with it. If only I could convince him to dye his goatee, too...
People recognize my boyfriend and I also, its quite strange. I suppose I'm not used to it...
I LOVE THIS THREAD.

And mohawks.
But that isn't what makes me like someone.
Mohawks are a DEFINITE perk though!!!!
woo
Well, out of the total irony of everything.... my girlfriend left me for a skinhead. So I guess I've kind of given up on love for a while. I just stopped caring and feel a kind of freedom from not having to impress anyone. Everyone in my area is all "gangster" bullshit so I doubt I'll be in anything for a while anyway.

But... If I ever do run into a girl with a REAL mohawk.... I'm running to her immediately and complimenting her on being one of the first girls I've seen in a while that isn't a sycophant sheep.

then i would ask her if she was single XD
well, i've been single for about a year now. my last ex had the best mohawk i'd ever seen on anyone. i'd shave the sides of his head for him, and dye his hair all the time. he was always telling me to get a mohawk, and i wanted one, but i just couldn't (mainly because of my parents). since we broke up, i haven't dated anyone, but i've kind of... fooled around with 5 other guys, and only one of them didn't have a mohawk.

so i guess i've gotta say that mohawks to me are incredibly attractive and a huuuuge turn on. one of my friends (he has a mohawk too) actually makes fun of me because i honestly haven't found any guy without a mohawk attractive since i was with my ex. hahaha.

aaaand.. im getting my mohawk in like.... well before the end of march :D sooo im very excited about that.
I was prolly about 7 months (ish) into my relationship with my boyfriend when I shaved my sides. He was my "push" to do it. I had wanted one foreverrrrrr and he supports and loveess it.

He would never tell me that I was less pretty with more hair or less, but I have a suspicion that he prefers me with less. =] When your boyfriend shaves the sides of your head for you- well...thats about as good as it can get. <3

He doesnt have a mohawk, but would love to. He has a few good reasons keeping him from it.. =/
That's absolutely awesome!! I'll bet if/when he tries one himself he'll never want to go back. And mmmm yes, there's something that's just really awesome about having a significant other shaving the sides of your head. I can only hope I eventually find someone just as cool and compatible in the future! Hopelessly single for the moment, but hoping the 'hawk might attract someone interesting. :D

Best of luck to you both in the current relationship - it sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing.
I agree with you. I can't wait until he lets me hack off all of his hair into one.

Its pretty awesome. I'm sure when you find someone special they'll be thrilled to do it for you. Eliott (the boyfriend) keeps me updated when its time for a shave. xD

Thank you. Good luck to you in to search!
the girl i WANT to be dating now (a friend) wants me to cut her a mohawk... i'm scarted shitless becasue i have shaky hands...
I'm not currently "rocking the hawk" like I wish I could be. I will be in due time, but I just dye my hair for now. On guys and girls any type of hawk is a big turn on with me, even just vibrant colored hair. I had never really known anyone with a mohawk until I met my friend Tiffany, she had the piercings, the red and leopard print mohawk and the combat boots and short skirts. I can't believe I was so sheltered that I had never seen a punk before. Now that I've been able to spot just about every punk in my area instantly, fallen in love with the mohawk, started wearing the combat boots, I have to say; mohawks are a must.
But since my parents aren't very open to the idea and the fact that I even dye my hair has me shunned already, I'm almost scared to get the hawk. Not that it's going to stop me.
If I ever ran into a single girl or guy with a mohawk, I think I'd converse with them immediately. Anything that's an eye catcher catches me. I've also known a lot of people hook from basically just having a personality to go with their mohawk.
YAY

There were a few of us in another thread that told you to go for it and look what happens :D

RSS

Latest Activity

A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Monday
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Monday
Mohawkedleatherguy shared a profile on Facebook
Jan 18
Mark Janes replied to rotten's discussion 'What kind of music are you into?'
Oct 13, 2023
Emil Sellven posted photos
Dec 20, 2022
VooDoo_Drunk shared Dead End Demon's photo on Facebook
Nov 30, 2022
A photo by Mohawkedleatherguy was featured
Oct 15, 2022
A photo by Bartje Punk was featured