1) I just got my Grandmother to cut mine in MONTHs ago. and it was epic. don't sweat it. it is great once it is in and the breeze is foooking faaaaantastic if you ask me.
3) I saw a guy friend yesterday with mine up and he loved it. =) and who cares what guys think it is at the end of the day YOUR hair and you can do as you fuckin' well please with it, right?
and even when it is down the "peach fluff just shaven" feeeling is fuckin' A.
Go For IT.
Girls with hawks are awesome and make my heart skip a beat..........
Man my guy really doesn't like my hawk hahahaha, and is pretty bummed that I want a industrial piercing because they kind of freak him out. I have only seen one other girl in my city with a hawk, and it was a really little one. I get bunches of compliments on mine though, I'm seeing more and more guys with them here, which is pretty cool :)
Wait until you're absolutely sure you want a 'hawk, there is NO going back once it's cut!
Mine is really short right now, about 2 inches tall, so it stays up without gel... But when it's longer I just let it look like a train wreck until it needs to be styled.
As for guy's opinions... I dislike people. The only people I associate with are my family, my extended family (lifelong neighbors) and my youth soccer team. We went to a family member's viewing a week or so ago and my cousin who I hadn't seen in 10 years came up to me and absolutely loved the change. I get compliments in the stores, in the doctor's office, etc. and truly most of them are guys!
I love my 'hawk, unless I find a "weirder" way to style it... I don't see me ever getting rid of it.
i had just posted something like this...probably could have saved myself some time and just looked for posts close to what i was asking lol I love how helpful you guys are around here :-)
1) I was iffy too for a while, but then I did it on a random whim and now wont part with it. I think its definitely worth trying, and if you don't like it, it's just hair. It'll grow back.
2) I typically either put the front part in a ponytail (the backs too short for that) or I just let it hang where ever it wants to.
3) Well, my boyfriend loves it. I have never had any negative comments from men about it. Also, if you want a mohawk, screw what other people think ;)