Mohawks Rock

Hey, I'm delving into old classic Oi! punk, anybody got any recommendations? I've been listening to alot of Cock Sparrer, Cockney Rejects and Adicts...

Views: 551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lower Class Brats, Exploited and Agnostic Front
Resistance 77 has some wonderful songs including a Jimmy Buffet cover =p

The Oi Scouts though they are more street punk but still a lot of oi influence
personally i like the sound of the band that did romper stomper, the arent a nazi band so they didnt want their name on the movie but they did songs for it
never saw it, but i've heard about it...
might check it out this weekend.
yeah its a good movie, pretty graphic though
Russell fuckin Crowe!!!
watched it again today, i lold at the nazis getting pwnt
I have never seen Romper Stomper actually....have been meaning to for years.

I really liked American History X which is a tremendous and powerful film. One of the nazi guys has a tattoo of the band logo from Anti-Heroes which are Oi but non-racist and criticized the film makers for using it in that way.

Another band I forgot to mention which I fucking love is a newer band called Eightysixed. They play a heavily Oi influenced street punk and features a member or two from Endless Struggle. I enjoy Eightysixed far more than ES though with their awesome melodic hooks.

In my opinion the best in the genre have been named with Cock Sparrer, especially their albums Shock Troops and a later album Guilty As Charged. Their newest Here We Stand is really good as well. They definitely can still rock.

Resistance 77 is the next best in my opinion with their later album Retaliate First.

Other newere bands that tread the line between Street and Oi that are well worth your time: Wednesday Night Heroes (Their first album is especially Oi influenced and the follow up Superiority Complex is amazing as well though more street influenced.)

Copyright Chaos - leans more toward street influenced by Exploited and those bands

The Flatliners - NOT the one from Toronto on FAT Recs that plays ska-core. This band pre-dated them and is from Texas. Had stuff out on ADD Records. All of which is excellent Oi/Street material.

The Boils and Shock Nagasaki display some Oi influence and would probably be enjoyed by fans of the genre.

Antidote - From Holland they combine street/hardcore with Oi influence. Great band.

Loikamie - German anti-fascist street/oi. Their song Good Night Wight Pride fucking rules.

That is about the extent of my Oi knowledge.
The Circle Jerks, Sham 69.
yes
Never seen Circle Jerks labeled as Oi punk though I guess it is not too far fetched really now that I think on it a bit
circle jerks are hardcore punk arent they?

RSS

Latest Activity

A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Monday
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Monday
Mohawkedleatherguy shared a profile on Facebook
Jan 18
Mark Janes replied to rotten's discussion 'What kind of music are you into?'
Oct 13, 2023
Emil Sellven posted photos
Dec 20, 2022
VooDoo_Drunk shared Dead End Demon's photo on Facebook
Nov 30, 2022
A photo by Mohawkedleatherguy was featured
Oct 15, 2022
A photo by Bartje Punk was featured