Mohawks Rock

Is anyone else here religious in some sort? Personally I am a Christian.

Views: 382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

born catholic
raised catholic
confirmed and all that shit
but now
im not religious at all
I am against all organised religion its causes hate which in turn causes war which is why the world is so fucked up x
I don't believe any religion professes hatred. Some religous leaders and fanatics do, but the doctrines don't.

The hate part comes more from greed and a need for power, which I believe are the causes of all wars.
A hot topic, and strange one for me.

If you asked me a year ago I would proudly proclaim to be a satanist. Now, I say that I am nothing. I don't like to call myself an athiest, agnostic, this, that. Say what you want, but it's the way I feel.

Personally I take a bit from all religions. As I said earlier I used to be a satanist, so I obviously take things from there, but I also take from other religions as well. From Buddhism I feel that all life is suffering, but instead of wanting to die, I don't. The idea of karma; The more good deeds you do in life the harder your life will become, but be spared in the afterlife, and the opposite for bad deeds. The obvious respect thy mother and father (protip: respect doesn't mean like). So on and so forth.

As far as religion itself, I am personally in a slump so to say. I'm not sure if I should follow one religion (while still keeping my beliefs of course) but I feel that it wouldn't be a bad plan either.
tbh i think religion is a waste of time. although i am a pastafarian

i believe in a flying spagetti monster
look it up on google XD
Omg, I've read about that!

XD It's hysterical. I bow down to whomever had such a brilliant thought.
Also check out The Eight I'd Really Rather You Didn't's...a lot of sense in them... =)
PASTAFARIANS UNITE!
whos up for a pirate party? i know i am!
I am agnostic. This is nothing close to being an athiest. It means that I believe in a higher power but I do not put a name to it. Notice I said higher power and not a "god" or "being."

I find it a bit silly that people attempt to understand the universe and how we were created. I think that's something none of us will ever have figured out. I personally have never seen any sort of proof of a god, or especially that one man is god. I have never seen anyone walk on water or turn stones into bread, so why would I care to devote my life to a character in a book? Also notice that I just made a few biblical references. In general I have a big issue with christians. I am not uneducated in the christian faith. I grew up in a christian family and was okay with it until I was about 12. But christians are forever on the street corners, in front of supermarkets, and at my doorstep telling me that they want to save my soul and that I'm not a christian because I've never been taught the "word of god" or misunderstood it. They are fairly shocked to find out that I can quote more scripture to them than the other way around. When I make life decisions, they are not uneducated decisions by any means. Christians seem to lack understanding of the "personal space and freedom" concept. I said in general. This does not mean I hate every christian I meet, I just hate the ridiculous textbook they stand for.

It's much the same with every religion out there. Everyone thinks that theirs is the right one and they're "saved" and that the world would be a better place if everyone believed in "_______." Personally I'd rather spend my life doing what makes myself and the people in my life happy and trying to be the best person I can be-by my own definitions. Often I venture into thoughts about creation or the afterlife amongs other things just like most, but I do not let it rule my life.

Also, although most religions are supposed to be based upon peace and equality, they most often result in bloodshed and oppression. Look at the crusades-look at the world right now. Look at the pentecostals, among other sects that oppress women and put them under the thumb of men. For what??? Because they were born with different body parts? Please. Even non-denominationals preach this. That a wife should obey her husband, a daughter her father, etc. It looks to me as if a few people in history thought of a good way to keep men in positions of power. How better to keep a person down than to put the fear of god into them?

As much as they give me a good laugh, the whole of religions also make me angry.

I was given life and I will not spend it chasing after salvation when I've done nothing to be damned. I wholly intend to live it.
Non-religious, non-spiritual atheist.

Convenience leads me to sum up why in the phrase "Absence of evidence is evidence of absence".
Without empirical- or even compelling- evidence for god(s) or other supreme beings, I see no reason to believe in them. Sure, maybe there is a god, but then maybe there are little purple people dancing under my sink.
I sure as hell know if there were little purple people living under my sink, I'd name them.

And they'd also be cooler than Jesus.
Pascal's Wager has so many problems there are trains running holes through it. Not to mention there is a better argument for not believing then there is for believing, considering all the possible religions and beliefs.

RSS

Latest Activity

Gibby updated their profile
Friday
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4
Toker left a comment for krazyk
Apr 2
Toker left a comment for ┌x┐ • •┌x┐Pots Pots Pots
Apr 2
Ty Wild updated their profile
Apr 1
A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Mar 25
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Mar 25
site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service