Mohawks Rock

It's easy with curly hair--who would've thought..

My hair is really curly, and I thought it just wouldn't be very easy to get it to do it, but it ended up being far easier than I could have imagined--easier and quicker than most hairstyles.

First I put a leave-in conditioner in, then I do that whole "blow-drying it straight" thing--if you have curly hair you know exactly what I mean--it never makes it "straight", but it makes it point in the direction you want. You do that on your whole head, not having to be absolutely thorough. Then you take some really concentrated gel that turns hard, and lightly frisk your fingers to put your hair into the typical mowhawk shape--a tall triangle--it happens very quickly--if you start with too much gel, it will NOT work--you must put only the amount that temporarily keeps it in that place. Then use a blowdryer over each side, being careful not to blow it from the topside--only the sides or the underside. If you didn't use much gel, this shouldn't take long. If you used too much gel, wash your hair and start over again.

Now just spray your hair with your hardening hairspray of your choice. Now do the same thing with the blowdryer, but it should take a very short time to take effect.

Viola. it's done. It doesn't actually take very much product to keep it up like that in contrast to what it takes to keep truly straight hair up like that.

Views: 77

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow. Thats really good information. I'm sure some curly-haired aspiring mohawks will find this really useful. Especially the bit about not using too much gel. Even with straight hair, that is definitely a disaster.
lucky, I have stright hair and sometimes I get so frustrated trying tp put up my mohawk when I have little tolerance for anything. but what I found out to be really easy and simple to do it just tease out my mohawk, and applying just a little bit of hairspray for support. sometimes I even leave it teased out with nothing in it, but because my hair is stright and thin I have to carry a comb with me because my teased mohawk will lose it's teased-ness after a few hours.
Ive got bob-dylan-esqe curly hair and after years of mohawk on mohawk off ive perfected this... i believe. umm garnier fucktis "surf hair" bout $4 (steal it. its cheaper.) take globs of this shit *it smells really good* and rub it into yer hair it will tangle up. blow dry teh fuck out of it while rubbing and when its dry itl be moldable. tease it to yer hearts content apply rave 4 and blow dry on warm lo and voila! zee mohawk is standing! **lasts about 4 days**

-Ken
i have super curly hair so i straighten it before i put it up

RSS

Latest Activity

Toker commented on Gigs McGee's group 'Beer Lovers!!'
21 hours ago
Toker left a comment for ScumFuc
21 hours ago
Gibby updated their profile
Friday
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5