Mohawks Rock

So I'd tried to a nice intense red, and after some semi research I'd found a few photos of people who claimed to have used Punky Color's Poppy Red and got the color I was looking for. So I bleached out my hair, as I do every time I change colors, and dyed it with the Poppy Red. Well it sure as shit didn't turn out the red I'd expected.

This is what it came out as;

Which is clearly pink. But that's Poppy Red on bleached out hair.

I'm looking for something like this;

(Photo from blackfantastix's DA here.)

So basically I'm asking of those people who have died there hair red, what did you use? I'm looking for a nice red that isn't pink-ish or orange-ish. I am an avid Punky Color user, but if there is a Manic Panic red that doesn't fade in 3 days or whatever I'd be glad to use that. I don't think I can get Special Effects in any stores here.

Halp plz?

Views: 15747

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I ended up picking up Red Wine and Rubine to mix. I'll probably be doing it tomorrow, as well as attempting some zebra stripes so I'll post photos of what it turned out as. Thanks for the help :D

Well, that failed again aha. I feel like I'm just destined to be pink forever.
I'm trying to get to the same kindof red you are, i think. And i just bought punky colours 'red wine', but it seems basically magenta for you, so i may not use it now... but maybe the pink was more because you mixed it with the other rubine..

This is my hair, with fudge's 'hot chilli' on it which is more of an orangey red. It had had a few different reds on it before though, that were slightly too pink for my liking.

Ah, i made an account here just to reply to this thread.
Oh boo. Red is such a finicky color for me. I thought the two tones would make it better but guess not.

Awe thank you! Welcome to the site :D
Also, i just did a test of the 'red wine' colour on a chunk of my hair earlier, and it seems very purple-y toned. So, i think that it may be the problem in your above pink-ness.
Maybe you should try more orangey tones to try and combat the pinks..
As someone who has had bright red hair for... almost 7 years straight, Special Effects works the best (for my hair, anyway). I came to that conclusion after trying a number of others, including manic panic, punky colors, RAW, some professional brands a stylist friend sold me, and others I can't think of right now.

Nuclear Red has orange undertones, and it won't fade out to a pink, ever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Punk-SPECIAL-EFFECTS-Nuclear-Red-Hair-Color...

14 bucks there; some stores carry 'em for $8-10.

I think this site helped me a while back. http://www.hairdyegallery.co.uk/redpage1.html
When I first died mine red it came out like yours. So I went back to the store and grabbed one of the permanents called "cinnamon" and put that over it. Turned out pretty well.
I have no clue where you'r from but It you find it Its called Splat. I used to dye my hair that color every few weeks for a year or so and it was pretty intense, especially with blonde hair(like mine used to be before it got all faded and gross).
punk colours: it's what i use when i have red. i friggen love it

this is the color
woops
punky colours madarin.
sounds orange, total opposite
Ohmegawsh really!? I have an unopend tub of it (that I don't remember buying). Is that on straight bleached hair? I thought maybe that's why mine keeps going pink.
well the thing with me is that i dont bleach everytime i dye
everytime i dye my hair i wait for all the color to wash out so it goes back to blonde, and then i just simply out the color on without re bleaching or anything and it works just fine.
so yea straight on bleached blonde hair

RSS

Latest Activity

Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4
Toker left a comment for krazyk
Apr 2
Toker left a comment for ┌x┐ • •┌x┐Pots Pots Pots
Apr 2
Ty Wild updated their profile
Apr 1
A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Mar 25
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Mar 25
Mohawkedleatherguy shared a profile on Facebook
Jan 18
site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service