Mohawks Rock

What kind of paint would you recommended to use on a  Pleather Jacket? Would you suggest paint or dye? Any useful techniques you would care to pass on for best effect on it?

Also if you can post any links as to whats the best and where to get it , much appreciated!

Views: 2666

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since pleater doesn't absorb paint like leather does, just about anything should work. I would recommended screen printing ink, paint it with that, then after its dried, put a towel over it and iron for 10 minutes. You should be able to find it at craft/hobby/fabric stores. Avoid the jacquard brand, that shit sucks! Yudu brand works pretty good, but its expensive and you don't get allot of it.

If you can't find it, acrylic paint is best for real leather, due to the fact it flexs with the material, but I'm not sure if it will take to fake leather as easily.

I recommend finding real leather (unless your a vegan), flea markets have leather jackets pretty cheap, and since leather is natural, it'll last forever

yeah i heard acrylic paint was good for real leather, i was real sketchy about maybe using it for fake leather though, next time i go out to the store i'll look for that stuff!
Liquitex- Heavy Body works best, it's what I used on my jacket, and the paint has stayed (with minor flaking) for years
you have fake or real leather?
real
ah
what does your jacket feel like? Rough? Smooth? Thin? Thick?
hmmmm hard to explain but best explained as smooth and inbetween thin and thick
if its smooth, then paint won't stick as good, so you might need to re-apply the paint every year or so. If its stencils your painting on, I recommend gluing them to file folders with Elmers Rubber Cement (the reason why is because it drys smoother) before cutting them out, this way you can re-use em when touching up the paint
ah alright, i dont think its going to be much of a prob to re-aply every year or so lol, but yeah im not doing a stencil, just by hand
I just got done trying to do something with screen printing ink and that stuffs a pain in the ass. It almost always manages to defy the laws of physics and bleed around the edges of the stencil no matter how tightly down to the fabric you have it, so use Liquitex acrylic paint, my faith in ink is shot
yup thats what i ordered it should be here anyday now, ill tell you how it goes

RSS

Latest Activity

Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4
Toker left a comment for krazyk
Apr 2
Toker left a comment for ┌x┐ • •┌x┐Pots Pots Pots
Apr 2
Ty Wild updated their profile
Apr 1
A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Mar 25
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Mar 25
Mohawkedleatherguy shared a profile on Facebook
Jan 18
site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service