Mohawks Rock

So, now I just learned that supposable colored laces mean different things. Which I never knew. Honestly I could care less but, now I'm curious to what each color mean?

Also, I'm trying to find green laces but I can't find them ANYWHERE can someone give me a good website or something?

Views: 2836

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i don't care what the colours mean, if i want to wear white laces on docs, i do it. doesn't mean i'm nazi.
i hate these things. "you can't wear earrings onm your right side if your a guy because that means your gay" big fuckin deal.
:) i thought punks didn't care.
A lot of folk are afraid of being labelled something they're not in case others think less of them and others feel more connected if they all hate a label that's popular to put down when they have no reason to (other than they are different). With nazism, it's different, 'cause they have common policies and beliefs and they hate and degrade others.

In fact, there's a valid connection between some of Fascism and any form of bigotry towards people who are different. It's the same fears and desires to be in the dominant group and put down others. IMHO, a very base and wrong attitude in this global world we all live in now.

It's all down to folk making snap judgements from appearances and wanting to be accepted in any group - not really that useful in judging whether someone is good and worth knowing on an individual basis. If you want to judge someone, get to know the individual rather than just blanket trusting that everyone with the same tastes is the same.

To sum up, no one can tell what someone is like from the colour of their laces - or the erring in their left ear on a global scale. All it tells you is that you are trying to pidgeon-hole them for your own reasons. Now, the question needing asked is: Are your reasons valid? Or just out of irrational feelings.
Here are pictures of my neon green laces. For me, they don't have much meaning, they just look cool. As long as you dont wear white laces you should be fine I think
Attachments:
Out here it's a bit different I guess. Quite the same tho.
Red Laces - Punk. Color for anti-facism and the whole punk spirit :p Whatever that is nowadays.
White Laces - Neo-Nazi ofc. Punks wearing white laces here are just plain stupid, cause other punks will hate him, but neo-nazi's will hate him too.
Purple Laces - Means you're a sqautter or been one.

This all goes to steel toe shoes ofc.
To me, it's just random crap. And what the guy a few messages back said, if I wanna wear white laces, I'll wear white laces.
I'm really glad here where I am people have forgotten all the laces junk. Ironic, considering it's where a lot of it came from, I believe. It never comes up.

Mind you, the only people who wear boots showing are the rare punk around town.
My boot laces are "72. (not fuckin Dr. Martens) So finding colored laces that fit is murder. I thought about spraypainting white laces, usually they only carry black. At this point I WOULD kill for a red and a yellow lace.
What about dyeing some white laces? Food colouring or maybe some fabric dye stuff, if you can find any.

Never tried it, but thought about it recently when looking for some colour laces for someone else here.
i got yellow and i got called a nazi-punk
soo now i wear black and red for the anarchist flag
anarco-communist idc what you say or what any1 else says
i aint no NAZI! or neo-nazi or nothing
I was doing a show at a carnival and there was a group of neo-Nazis running a booth. I had red laces in my boots because it matched my hair and outfit, but they kept talking to me and saluting me for the whole run of the show. *sigh*
argh, thats just stupid(of them). and its stupid that the color of your fuckin laces should say anything about you, personally.
That's really thick of them.
I once wore white laces to a gig and people kept asking me if I was a skinhead? I don't know...but i guess white laces mean your a skinhead.

RSS

Latest Activity

A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Monday
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Monday
Mohawkedleatherguy shared a profile on Facebook
Jan 18
Mark Janes replied to rotten's discussion 'What kind of music are you into?'
Oct 13, 2023
Emil Sellven posted photos
Dec 20, 2022
VooDoo_Drunk shared Dead End Demon's photo on Facebook
Nov 30, 2022
A photo by Mohawkedleatherguy was featured
Oct 15, 2022
A photo by Bartje Punk was featured