Mohawks Rock

I just got it the other day, and at the time it looked like this: But by the next day it looked like this:

I'm not good with hair-stuff, so I really don't know how to articulate the difference.

Basically I want to get it back to pic #1 and keep it there. I would go back to the barber and ask them, but I don't remember where it was (I wasn't exactly in a....lucid state of mind)

Can anyone help here? Thanks lol

Views: 213

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Drew, So it appears you have naturally curly hair. I would start with about a 2" round brush. similar to this one, http://www.sallybeauty.com/round-brush-collection/SBS-345653,defaul...!sort.axis__default~~!page.size__12~~page.number__7~~!curated.type__Round+Brushes!~EDGE~=undefined&start=1

You will also need a can of Got2B Freezing Spray and a can of Hairspray with about a #5 hold rating.

Start by tilting you head to one side, then taking the 2" round brush and just lifting your hair straight up with it. Go thru the entire Hawk with a pass on both sides. Then start over on one side, but this time spray a light amount of Got2B Freezing spray on the side of the Hawk first. Then keeping your head tilted to one side, lightly run the 2" round brush straight up to get the Hawk standing up. Once it is there take a blow dryer and on medium heat just give it a little blow and it will lock in place. Do this until the Hawk is standing up and is locked in the way you want it. Once you blow dry the Hawk, it is locked in so don't try to mess with it much after or you will make it worse. After the Hawk is looking the way you want, take the #5 hairspray and give it a decent spray to keep it locked for the day. Don't overspray it though. If you sleep on your side, you should be able to keep this Hawk for three to four days before you have to wash it out and redo it. You will know when it is getting close to the time to redo it as it will start to get itchy. Every morning just touch it up, using the Got2B Freezing Spray. It shouldn't need much touching up. Let me know how this worked for ya and welcome to the wonderful world of Mohawks! :-)  

Hey Dan, thanks a ton for the tips -- but I have to ask, what's a "hold rating" and how do I know what a Hairspray's hold rating is?

(Sorry, I'm reaaaally new to this)

There are several topics on curly hair here but Dan has given you great advice already.

Two main strategies

1.) Back comb the crap out of it and spray

2.) Use a straight iron first (will be more work, and won't look like original picture)

Here is some more discussion:

http://www.mohawksrock.com/forum/topics/curly-hair-and-getting-a-fan

RSS

Latest Activity

Gibby updated their profile
6 hours ago
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4
Toker left a comment for krazyk
Apr 2
Toker left a comment for ┌x┐ • •┌x┐Pots Pots Pots
Apr 2
Ty Wild updated their profile
Apr 1
A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Mar 25
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Mar 25
site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service