Mohawks Rock

I am looking into buying either docs or combat boots. I went to a local shop but the styles they have in my size are shit.

Someone told me that the quality of new docs are horrible and I need to buy old ones. Any tips where i can find them?

Or has anyone heard of English Grinder Boots? I found some on ebay for cheap and wanted feedback of them

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-English-Grinders-Boots-Combat-Steel-D...|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

What looks better with like camo pants tucked in a 14 hole or 10 hole? Thanks :D

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Josh,
You are not cheap, just frugal. Nothing wrong with that.....
They look like some sweet boots. From general word from folk on the Internet, Grinders seem to get a good rep. and those ones look nicely broken in, so should be comfortable. You'll certainly look good in them with your camo's. Nice choice! IMHO =)

The price seems good too. 10 holes are easier, though the more broken in the boots are, the quicker it is to lace them up. DM's (when new) can be very stiff to lace.
I've got a pair like this...they suck to break in!! they aren't the plain leather style. haha
Cool colour! They'll look really good once you do get them broken in and some weathering on them. I recommend more going out in the snow. =)
haha oh I have been :-D!

But when the snow gets in them...ouch. They are quite short, like myself. You should get a pair! haha
GRinders are quite good; Even better are Gripfast and Shellys, they look awesome and last a long time. and the burgundy color really kicks ass.

old docs, look on ebay or in thrift stores.

with pants tucked in, I would go for the 14 holes; looks much better
I agree, Gripfast are the best! They last really long and look fucking awesome!
I'm rockin' a pair of 12-hole Gore-tex. From what I understand its from a small company comissioned by the American Military. These are the best boots I have ever put on my feet. The are completely durable, water-tight, and comfortable as all hell.

Gore has got some pretty good boots, but they are deafeningly expensive directly from the site. My suggestion: Go to a military surplus store and buy a pair for 5-20 bucks. I'd say that military grade material is the way to go. even if its not the same brand, the boots are pretty fuckin hep.
Try Taipan boots..
It seems like I wore Converse shoes all of my life, when I put on my boots, they're soo heavy that I can't stand them.. I mean they aren't THAT heavy, but since I'm used to Converse shoes I feel soo unconfortable with them...

What do do? Should I start wearing them everyday to get used to them?
Steve makes a good point. I wear boots every day (tall Docs, Rangers, or harness, all about 15" in height), and have for a long time. You'll find that your feet will quickly get used to the boots. As a matter of fact, regular shoes or sneakers now hurt my feet.... :).
Agree with Bob here, I switched to wearing heavier steel-toe boots for work 5 days a week from wearing Converse. You do get use to them quite quick - can't remember how quick though. :/ Now, I don't notice the weight at all if I put on a pair of boots.

RSS

Latest Activity

A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Monday
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Monday
Mohawkedleatherguy shared a profile on Facebook
Jan 18
Mark Janes replied to rotten's discussion 'What kind of music are you into?'
Oct 13, 2023
Emil Sellven posted photos
Dec 20, 2022
VooDoo_Drunk shared Dead End Demon's photo on Facebook
Nov 30, 2022
A photo by Mohawkedleatherguy was featured
Oct 15, 2022
A photo by Bartje Punk was featured