Mohawks Rock

Hey everyone :3 First off I'm new here and my name is Gabe :] I decided to join after lurking for about a week haha. Anyways, I've got a few questions about having a mohawk. First off, I've been wanting one for about four years now but I've just never had the balls to cut one. I finally told my parents about the idea about a week ago when I found this site and they were appalled by it :/ lol. I've decided to get one anyways as after all it is my hair and I'm amazed enough that I've worked up the balls to decide to do so. So, I was planning on doing this myself tomarrow after I end school so It will be interesting to see how it comes out xD I might have to shave it all away and just grow it out from scratch. Anyways here are some quick questions I've got:

What do you guys ( and girls ofcourse ^^ whom still go to school) do during P.E class? Do you guys wear it up or down? I'm quite lazy during P.E so sweat wouldn't be much of an issue.

How do you guys survive the friggid weather without hats? :( I'm one of those people who abuse hats and wear them indoors and outdoors during all seasons xD Basically, do you use earmuffs or other kids of semi-warming gear? :3

And finally, could anyone share some advice on cutting a mohawk from long hair (Well, long for a guy) ? I've seen the "tape method" on youtube for guys with shorter hair but I was hoping to save some length.

Thanks beforehand and excuse my grammar mistakes ._.

edit* Thought of one more, haha :p How wide are your mohawks? I've got absolutely no clue on how wide I'm gonna cut it.

Views: 621

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heh thanks :) (Yes, I do feel like a broken record saying thanks so much :X) I've managed to get my friend to come over xD He's gonna be here within an hour so I cant wait :D
make sure you get some pics then!!! haha just have fun with it.
Thanks lol. Didn't quite work out the way I planned though... My mom got mad when I told her my friend was coming over to do it so we aborted it =_=" She doesn't want me to get it right now as my grandfather's funeral is around the corner and she thinks it's distasteful or whatever. I decided I'd rather wait with the hawk than have my parents bitch about it 24/7 for the next few weeks... so until next time eh? :/ Kinda sucks, but on the brightside I'll have more time to grow my hair out so hopefully it will be somewhat longer when I cut it off :3

My parents actually have a very retarded way of arguing / getting mad at me... Instead of straight out forbidding me to do something they instead just kinda mock my decisions and list reasons why it would be crap if I did it. I hate how they do it since they NEVER say no to something I want to do they just make me feel like shit about wanting to do it. Well time to quit whining :) I'm off to make some coffee and spend my friday alone with some movies and books lol.
Eh, haha, can't let them bring you down.
They might actually really like it, haha.
I know. The thing is, I really think they will aswell. My parents are quite funny however... They are kinda like teenagers stuck in a grown-ups body. They hate (just like me) mainstream beauty, endorse rebellion and totally believe you should find your own self, yadda yadda yadda, but they also have these weird traits they're really stubborn about. For instance the whole mohawk think, they think people with mohawks "try to hard" and do it solely for attention >_>" They love criticizing anything that doesn't fit their standards yet they say they do otherwise :)
lame, as soon as you get it post some pix, sorry your attempt was a fail, it happens....
Yeah, I can imagine :x My hawk is now officially planned to be cut on the 5th of February xD
yeah my parents used to be like that with me but its just something that they will eventually not even phase them as for doing it yourself how long is your hair is something you have to look at and the tape method is a very useful thing ive always liked my hawk just between my eyebrows and for keeping it up i used got2bglued hairglue works wonders and also a comb and hairdryer my hair is getting longer now so i think im going to switch to got2bglued freeze spray
I don't get why moms don't seem to like different hair styles. My mom loves my hawk, she helps me shave the sides! Her stance is, its just hair, it grows, do what you want. As for tattoos and piercings on the other hand >.>
Or they want you to do something different with your hair, so when you do, they are completely unhappy.

hahaha and I mean that in general.
gym has never been a problem it doesn't get in the way and i weight lift like 5 time a week and even if you do sweat it wont knock it down

i never wear hats except for when i go tobogganing so i wear a hat with a strip cut out the top
Thanks for the replies everyone :3

RSS

Latest Activity

Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4
Toker left a comment for krazyk
Apr 2
Toker left a comment for ┌x┐ • •┌x┐Pots Pots Pots
Apr 2
Ty Wild updated their profile
Apr 1
A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Mar 25
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Mar 25
Mohawkedleatherguy shared a profile on Facebook
Jan 18
site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service