Mohawks Rock

They're so expensive! Where i live they're like $80 to $120. Thats alot for a pair of boots. I got my boots from goodwill for 4 or 5 bucks and i've had them for 3 years. Do Docs stay together well, to me they look they'd fall apart like the sole would detach or something. I'd rather by a good pair of specialty work boots that are made to stay together.

Views: 1740

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Docs were probably the first boots (apart from wellies) I saw as a kid and I think it's the distinctive thick sole and yellow-stiching round it and they had a mean look to them (esp. the steel-toed ones) Also, there aren't too many makes sold on the High Street (other than docs) that go higher than 8 holes for guys. I think the height of them plays a factor too for ppl.

The one thing about traditional docs that wears fast is the sole grip. I did once have a pair where the sole did detach after a few weeks - but that was just a fluke of manufacturing. Normally they hold together forever AFAIK.

Having tried now a few different pairs of boots, I'd say Docs weren't comfortable (I still like them for their style) but I've found much comfier work boots (CAT Hidden Tracks) with good padding on the tongue and round the ankle that lace just with a single pull. Sadly, that style isn't sold here anymore, except 2nd hand through eBay occasionally. Though there is a similar style, but higher boot sold in America only - I want those. :/ But I don't spend that sort of money often now, on a pair of boots. I don't go through them these days.

Most of the popular boots & styles don't actually have comfort in mind. It's more about a clean look, whereas I suspect Hiking boots are probably the best designed to last and be comfortable boots on the market. But I don't like the look of those - mostly.
Yep, that's what happens when you ship production overseas and pay your workers ~40 cents an hour.
>>implying that almost EVERYBODY doesn't do that.
I was not implying that at all....

i agree the ones that used to be made in england lasted yonks there shit now cos its all machine
i got my 14 eye dr,martens for 70 quid brand new
there comfortable as fuck and last years but last longer if u clean them regular
They really don't even look good. I got some $2 boots from goodwill that look way cooler than any Dr. Martens I've ever seen.
yeah, they call em jungle boots.
ive got new rocks i got for £20 about $35
pl-ether docs? what heresy is this?!
For those of whom that prefer not to wear something that was once living.

RSS

Latest Activity

Mohawkedleatherguy shared a profile on Facebook
Jan 18
Mark Janes replied to rotten's discussion 'What kind of music are you into?'
Oct 13, 2023
Emil Sellven posted photos
Dec 20, 2022
VooDoo_Drunk shared Dead End Demon's photo on Facebook
Nov 30, 2022
A photo by Mohawkedleatherguy was featured
Oct 15, 2022