Mohawks Rock

They're so expensive! Where i live they're like $80 to $120. Thats alot for a pair of boots. I got my boots from goodwill for 4 or 5 bucks and i've had them for 3 years. Do Docs stay together well, to me they look they'd fall apart like the sole would detach or something. I'd rather by a good pair of specialty work boots that are made to stay together.

Views: 1742

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I disagree. I don't like buying used shoes online because they may smell. I know when it hits 95 degrees here and I take off my boots its not the prettiest smell... Not only may they smell with out much wear but it is difficult to get correct sizing too. I have wide feet. The "right" size for me is a 8.5 wide, but I usually end up with a 9 due to inflexible sizing charts. Plus, it will always have someone else's foot impression in it, even if they only wore them a few times. If I buy pre-owned shoes, I like to be able to try them on/smell them first. Thats really the only way I think I will buy Docs.

I also disagree. I don't have the heart to buy poor quality shoes for a ticket usually over $100 just for the brand or fashion. If you have ever compared a pair of quality Docs made in England (not just the sole, but the boot too, they tried just manufacturing just the airwave souls in England, but still stitching them in Thailand) and a pair that any mall shoe store will sell, the difference is quite obvious. 

Not only that, but my mom bought me some no-name off-brand Docs style boots at only god knows where and they have lasted me almost 2 years now. The girl above me pays $100+ for almost the exact same boots, and they last just as long. My mom said she paid $9 for the "normal boots you'd find in any other store". I don't think I have any pictures of my shoes at the moment, but they look identical to this http://www.dmusastore.com/p-2701-1460-w.aspx minus the hefty sticker price. I have a pair in green and grey :3

The reason the boots only usually last me a few years is cause there from the trash cans. There usually pretty worn already, so my new docs are a great thing to me my first brand new pair of boots. I my new ones are also the most comftorable shoes I have ever owned. My mom just bought a new pair of red doc's. They say made in china but she and I don't really care just take care of the boot and it should last.

I pulled the trigger on a pair of 'gripfast' boots. They are said to be UK made. we'll see if they prove to be better than the china-made docs I last had once upon a time.

Just had a look at the site for them.  The style has changed on them - thinner front look and smaller heel than conventional ones.  Plus, they are limited to 8 holes - non-steel toed.

I would skip doc martins, and head straight for some 'gripfast' boots. They're made in England, they come in 10, 14, 20 eye, even in burgundy if you desire and the steel toes. 

the boots are advertised as a medium 'D' width, but if you get the steel toes, they are actually built wider. The ten eye steel toes I bought have ample room for my toes.. I'm a stickler with this as I usually buy a E width with all my footwear. They are also pretty light weight for steel toe boots.. possibly lighter than my last pair of Doc's. I also havent noticed any inconsistancys with leather thickness (namely around the heel area, where it can really chaffe), so I suppose it goes without saying some english dude's attention to detail goes further than.....some asian kid getting whipped or something.

I'm a happy customer.

yeah DMs ARE FUCKING AMAZING. they are uber comfy uber hot looking and if they fall apart you sew em back up together,

i have had my DM's for YEARS now. and they are only now coming apart due to massive wear and tear and me being a roughian and ploughing through snow and rain in em and sludge and wearing fourpairs of socks, 

and i had my last pair since i was 9/10years old. they were my first pair and my mother was so proud giving em to me, and i was like FUCK YEAH and although they didnt fit me aftr my feet grew i gave em to my little brother he didn't want em after he got other boots and so he gave em to my best friend who shares a shoe size with him. i mean it is just pure amazing to see how long they have lasted. especially with my familly my brother skates and i run about and mill through shitty weather conditions and get up to all sorts in DMs. 

they are difinitly worth it! my mother wore DM's bad in the day, my ole pops wore DM's back then too and they are AMAZING. and the shoes carry history of puke, shitty times, good times, and a hole loada love. 

CRAZY COMFORTABLE! Badass steel toe! Dependable! Just don't get the new docs they're made in Asia now as well as converse. get the na na's if you can find 'em.
The older ones are better, I agree with you! and the steel toe is definitely bad ass!
I dont like em, I never have, they are to "pointy" for me if that makes sense.....plus I dont like the soles on em either, they are too thin, I like big chunky soles, like the ones you find on Grinders or Gladiator boots.
i to have been wondering about docs. but i was looking at the 20 eye hole docs. that still punk? haha juuust kidding
i bought my docs for 15 bucks at a second hand store. they're super comfortable and i love them but i wouldn't pay full price for em. the most expensive shoes i buy are converse and i wear mine till they fall apart and even then i just patch em up best i can and keep wearing em.
I love docs theyre comfortable and they last forever. My "mother " got a pair when she was a teen and she walked all over Europe with them. Se still has them. They're built to last. They were used as work boots back in england for quit a while back then.

RSS

Latest Activity

A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Monday
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Monday
Mohawkedleatherguy shared a profile on Facebook
Jan 18
Mark Janes replied to rotten's discussion 'What kind of music are you into?'
Oct 13, 2023
Emil Sellven posted photos
Dec 20, 2022
VooDoo_Drunk shared Dead End Demon's photo on Facebook
Nov 30, 2022
A photo by Mohawkedleatherguy was featured
Oct 15, 2022
A photo by Bartje Punk was featured