Mohawks Rock

Are you a postgraduate student (master or doctorate) and you have a cool hawk, or a non standard way to express yourself?

What has been the reaction of your profs, colleagues, or classmates...? Have you ever faced any 'funky' situation? ... or maybe social discrimination? I'm curious about your experience!

It will be interesting if you mention few details, like your education level, background, field, age...

Happy 2011!

Views: 145

Replies to This Discussion

I am not a student, and haven't been for while.  I do have a masters degree in mechanical engineering.  I generally don't get much flack about the mohawk.
Well I'm working on getting to my masters, but I have had many comments on my hair. Sometimes people think they're being clever when they ask me what point I'm trying to make or what cause I'm fighting for. Though I love those questions, they ask them hypothetically as if to make a joke. But when I answer with a well spoken and thought out answer, they are often taken aback. Haha, other than those few, I've also gotten many compliments.
Hey, just joined.  I'm a 43 yo punk who just finished my undergrad in psychology (BA).  I was set to start the ms in mental health counseling, but the freakin GRE was a stumbling block.  I've had my 'hawk for the past 5 years, and most people really like it , but I'm sure there are some who don't...to that I say go shag yourself. lol  I do start post-baccalaureate classes this fall.

RSS

Latest Activity

Gibby updated their profile
5 hours ago
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4
Toker left a comment for krazyk
Apr 2
Toker left a comment for ┌x┐ • •┌x┐Pots Pots Pots
Apr 2
Ty Wild updated their profile
Apr 1
A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Mar 25
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Mar 25
site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service