Mohawks Rock

Thought it was one thing, someone told me different, just wanted to know the truth. So, why not ask some cool knowledgeable punks like the ones on Mohawks Rock? Good idea self.

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Screeching Weasel
I <3 screeching weasel.
What the fuck you got against blink? They're not poser, they play their own music. And they didn't ask to be called "Pop-Punk." They are... were.... a great band and I miss them.
They're getting back together!!! i heard it on the grammys!!!!!
i heard that too! exciting...i bet things are going to be a lot different now though....it will be interesting to see what happens.
bubblegum music:

A genre of music that started in the 60's and 70's that record companies used to make a quick buck. The songs of bubble gum were usually about love, and had no thinking involved with listening to them, they also had a catchy tune that could be whistled at any particular moment. In todays society bubblegum music is everywhere and almost everything. Sometimes misunderstood for emo music or pop punk or even that mushy rap, i dont know what its called exactly, that hits for a top ten.

many bands use this style to make their music because it so effectively goes right to the top of the charts and gets them money. All they have to do to make one of these blubbery song is to right about what there feeling, most commonly about love and relationships. again not to be mistaken with emo which actually means emotive. Such bands as good charlotte, blink 182, kelly clarkson, hedley, akon, LLCoolJ, avenged sevenfold, and many many more try to squeeze whatever industry there is out their of their pocket change for these awful singles, that rarely ever make it past their first hit (alot of one hit wonders have risen from bubblegum music.
avenged sevenfold isnt emo, its bubblegum core!

shit, this isnt punk, this is just bubblegum, NOFX is loosing its touch

blah, what sellouts, they must be bubblegum

You guys suck, you stupid bubblegum band

shit, look at LLCoolJ, hes all bubblegum

"oh, avenged sevenfold is soo cool i love them!" "No, you suck, theyre bubblegum"

Man, pink floyd has been oversold by bubblegum music!
(SOURCE: URBAN DICTIONARY)
Not you too! Blink arn't sellouts! They may be a little on the trendy side, but I still love them and they're music is individual! Alright, sorta individual, no where NEAR avenged sevenfold.
it's not my opinion..i was just quoting a website definition. ive been listening to blink 182 since i was in second grade and although i'm not as into them nowadays i will always have a soft spot in my heart for them. hah
Makes me think of Averil whatsherbuckets... Or Japanese bubblegum pop... but more punk-ey

RSS

Latest Activity

Gibby updated their profile
Friday
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4
Toker left a comment for krazyk
Apr 2
Toker left a comment for ┌x┐ • •┌x┐Pots Pots Pots
Apr 2
Ty Wild updated their profile
Apr 1
A photo by Tay Tay Hashbarger was featured
Mar 25
Profile IconKyle Myers, xtrmepunk, Brandon Stillman and 4 more joined Mohawks Rock
Mar 25
site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service