Mohawks Rock

How in the world did you end up the way you are? Is it in your blood? Sick of being like everyone else?

I was always into punk. My first C.D I ever got, at the age of four, was Punk Rock Is Your Friend. I was immediately entranced. Then slowly became the strange, unique person I am. My friend showed me a bunch of bands that he liked and then I started listening to more punk. Went to my first concert in November of seventh grade and saw mohawks and liberty spikes. I wanted one so bad, I got one over the summer. 

Views: 551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i say i hung out with him but it was more like stalking haha!

Maybe it's in my blood, but really not in my genes, 'cause N O O N E is looking just a bit like me in my whole family.

Buuut... punk made me go punk.

i just always had a different opinion on things and i heard of punk but i never really understood it till i got older and i started to listen to punk and everything that they were saying were my thoughts and i realized that i was into punk...plus the fashion is pretty bad ass and i know its not about the look but hey its a plus

Must be my brother and his friends who got me into punk.

Imagine the damn most amazing group of punks you can think of, that were them.

We had a big house and an awesome attic, renovated by punks, and we always had people there, and I saw up to them.

It just came naturally for me to shave a mohawk at the age of 10, and had it until I was around 14, then I started experimenting more. My brother is now 27 and has been punk for 10 years, myself for 6 years and my littlebrother just started to seem interested.

Damn, what a story.

I Was Sick Of Everybody Telling Me I Can't So I Just Kinda Snapped And Started Doing What I Wanted To Do. So Far So Good :)

I heard Green Day on the radio and thought it was awesome. I then went home and found as much punk online as I cold. I was hooked.
well i grew up listening to the WHO the Police and AC/DC so that turned in Greenday because they were more modern but not punk they are alternative and then i got into the Ramones and Clash
it was the fact that i was sick of being like everyone else around here but i feel if i dressed in spikey jackets and a mohawk id be like every other punk...hahaha um i always been the rebelious underdog guy that took no crap from no1 soo i guess attitude wise got me into punk,,,butim more into metal and shit
damn punk at 17 thas around the same age i began fuckn with punk,,had a mohawk and a studded jscket and liberty spikes....i do my spikes once in a while buti like to just take a lil bit of stuff from each genre of music i like...make my own style n shit
I was an alt 90s grunge kid. Piercings, undercut, chili pepper red hair, listening to Offspring, Elastica, Green Day, Garbage etc. I was at a mate's house and he said "I'm gonna put some punk on" and I said "what that 80s shit ?" He put Stiff Little Fingers on and well, I thought it was bloody amazing. A few weeks later I saw my first live punk bands, at a didgy pub in Birmingham. I think it was the P.M.T.s and Velvet Underpants. Words can't describe how much that night buzzed my head. The rest is history :o)
throughout the 90s i was into grunge too - nirvana, alice in chains... eventually my best buddy's older brother gave me bad religion's suffer and nofx's punk in drublic -- and i was hooked.  got distillers s/t when it came out and fell in love, went to ska shows and felt the unity... ya know, it was probably the first time i crowd surfed and stage dove in my favorite venue in denver called the blue bird.  maybe it was when i got into my first circle pit... but like most of you punks it was also when i realized that i didnt have to give a shit about what people think about me, what they think is good music or what i look like.  also seeing bad religion, distillers, anti-flag, against me! and strike anywhere for the first time will make you punk for-fucking-ever. 
Nice!! Stiff Little Fingers are badass!

RSS

Latest Activity

Alice Wong updated their profile
Sep 29
Agnes Mckenna updated their profile
Sep 28
Erick Goodman updated their profile
Sep 25
Roofieo joined ZachAttack's group
Sep 22
Roofieo posted a status