Mohawks Rock

I plan on getting a mohawk this suMMer, my dad is lyke "go for it!" *thumbs up* he dont care cuz he used to have liberty spikes, so he is kinda proud of me to foLLow his tracks (thanks dad :D) he also is fine with me geTTing my lip pierced *another YA!!* but there is a problem, my grandfather, i dont care wot he has to say, but he's family. He said he would disown me, got into arguments with my dad, my aunt is on his side (we used to be close) and their all ganging up on me! wot have i done?! i get good grade, and follow the rules, just coz i want to be ME and not them they get mad? so any advise as to ease the shock and dissmay of my Decision ? i told them it would be cooL, and i would look fine with it, nothing TOO drastic, but all they can say is I will be a Carney or a freak! My dad tried everthing and now it is up to me, so how do i break it to them?

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

just sit down and talk to them just explain thing most the time when people have a problem with something its cos they dont understand it
i tried, but it seems he is suck in the 60s and doesnt want to give in, But i will try again, because i think he will grow fond of my new hair cut :)
yeah i see what you mean i had that problem from my mum my dad was cool with it cos he used to be a punk so he was more proud lol

at the end of the day its your life, your decisions just remember its only hair it will grow back
Yeah, my dad is more accepted and i told my mum about it and she was like, "when are you getting it done!? i wanna be there!" latley tho, my grandfatherseems cool with it, the tension died down, LOL XD
As I grew up I cared less and less to what other people thought of my appearance. I wasn't trying to do anything special other than be myself. Show the world who I was and that. Yes, there have been people who thought that I was just trying to strive for attention, but so what? Yes, even been called freaky and obscure to the public (I went to a Lutheran school. I know the deals). But my family has always understood that being yourself is what is important. Some ideas they weren't thrilled with, like me getting a tattoo at the age of 16 or getting my lip pierced after that incident. But they knew it wasn't something that was going to change me. At least they hoped not anyway. Some of my family doesn't fully like the ideas of what I've done to myself in the idea of looking how I want, but they know I'm still me.

So my best advice is to not worry about it and do what you feel is right. Cause if they're the reason that's holding you back and you end up finding that it's not your thing, you at least made the adult decision to say "I tried it out. Wasn't for me." Besides. It's just hair after all. It'll grow back. And as for the piercing, I'm always one to say just wait til your 18 so they can't say you don't have an adult sense of choice. But that's just me. You're free to do what you feel is right. Cheers!
thanks! i will definatley think on that :) i told my family hair will grow back, but at this point who cares wot they think, besides if things go the way they are going, i will be getting my hair chopped next week, its going to be mental!!! i can hardly wait :)
in my opinion, its doubtfull they will follow through with their threats.. my father said the same thing to me and told me he would kick me out if i got a mohawk.. but when i did he ended up not talking to me for 3 days and that was it.. he picked on me for a long time about it but that was his way of accepting it and now he shaves my head for me! haha its made him alot more open minded twords people looking the way they want to look. hopefully your family will turn out the same!!
i hope they will too. i should be getting my hair cut next week or so XD awesome !!! i am sure my family will accept me (they have to if they lUb me!) and everything will go back to close to normal haha! thanks for the positive addvice :)
that seems like how my family is, my old man is fine with the hair deal, and my grandad will just hafta leran to live with, becos i am NOT going to do wot thinks i should do. i am not a bad person he nos that, and i now think he is willing to accept my hair cut (not like him approving it would have stopped me anyways) :D
my mum is exactly the same
she keeps saying if i get my hair cut into a mohawk she'll be dissapointed in me and all that
but i duno why
i got all A-Cs in my GCSEs and im doing well enough.
she didnt like the fact i wanted to be a tattoo artist but i just stuck with it and she gave in.
so im just gona go cut my hair anyway.
in the end its your choice really and like people said it doesnt change who you are=]
xx
ya, thanks :)
i am going to be getting my haircut, maybe in the next two weeks and i am UBER ecited XD
my dad says he dont want me to grow up, i told him, i will always be his ittle punkin head ;)
and my granddad, he just sees those kind of things as a pointless effert to get attention,
i told him i just like the style, i cant wait to get my hair cut, i am going to dye the top purple, with red strips and black underneath :D
if ur worried shave your head and slowly shape it as it grows in then theyll be used to it and wont care.

RSS

Latest Activity

Toker commented on Gigs McGee's group 'Beer Lovers!!'
Tuesday
Toker left a comment for ScumFuc
Tuesday
Gibby updated their profile
Apr 19
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4