Mohawks Rock

Product Review: Vidal Sassoon 1875W professional Ionic Hair Dryer

I noticed this hair dryer a bit ago and me being in a constant state of war with my mohawk to get it standing due to its fineness, I decided I would give this a shot. Shamefully, I plopped out the 20 dollars for it but in retrospect after doing my hawk with it twice now and made it look better than ever and in under 20 minutes with just hairspray, I am very happy I did this.

Here are the selling points to me. First, it is not round but longer and flatter so you get a more even flow of air on your hair instead of a circular shot of air. Now, the next feature, and by far the best thing a mohawker with thin hair can ask for, are clip on comb attachments! There is a fine tooth comb and a wider tooth comb as well to suit your need. You clip it on the flat end, spray a section of your hawk, shove the comb through it and turn the blower on low and slowly comb through. I have been thinking about something like this for at least a few years. After getting the whole hawk standing and shaped you can spray it with a final heavy coat of spray and blow it on medium or high and your done.

It dries really fast and is quite powerful. Seeing as my old dryer was round and on dying legs it is easily blown away (no pun intended) by this one.

So for those with fine hair that have had problems doing the comb up, spray and blow tactic that so many people use and praise, your prayers have been answered. Or if you want an even easier/lazier way to put your hair up with said method =)

I would post some pics but I am in a rush right now but if anybody wants pics let me know and I will take some pics of it later. Just look in the store for a white box with red area on top and a long silver hair dryer. Can't miss it =)

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you have the model number? This is exactly what I need. Nice find.
Nice find it sounds like Sonic. I've also often wondered about a flatter, comb filtered blow dryer for awhile. Sounds like the savings on hairspray and not having that "not so fresh since its flopping over mohawk" feeling at the end of the night is well worth $20.

Look forward to seeing some shots of this thing and finding it online.
The model number is VS783

Here are some pics of it so you know what your looking for.

Box

Overhead

Overhead With Fine Comb Attachment

Another thing I just noticed that might interest the traveler people is that it has dual voltage so it is usable anywhere in the world apparently!

After a month of use with this I still stand by it as the best mohawk related purchase I have ever done.

RSS

Latest Activity

Toker commented on Gigs McGee's group 'Beer Lovers!!'
Apr 23
Toker left a comment for ScumFuc
Apr 23
Gibby updated their profile
Apr 19
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4