Mohawks Rock

Alright...so I live in the DC area. I am starting to think that I was simply born in the wrong generation, because DC had such a STRONG underground punk scene going on. Now it seems i can't find any clubs/bars that play anything other than rap.

If anyone on this board lives in DC, please let me know where a good place is to hang out with fellow punks and see some good bands.

If this scene is just entirely gone in DC, please give me some insight on where it still strives.

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It seems to me that largely, the east coast is dwindling all around the board in music. The midwest and west coasts are certainly doing quite well from the looks of it.

Around here in western NY we get shit on over and again. Bands come here and there but largely the turnouts are not that good unless it the casualties or unseen or bigger label band. LCB and Wednesday Night Heroes drew like 40 people here which is actually good for this area but when the casualties come through, they get hundreds.

A lot of bands skip over entirely in all genres. Witch Hunt is finally coming back and I will get to see them next month. They have not been here since March of 2007 and have toured quite regularly. Other bands like Born Dead, Peligro Social, Tragedy, Resist and all the good west coast stuff have never been here (with exception of Tragedy who played in April for the 3rd time in like 6 years) Euro bands hardly ever make it here....Exploited (not that I like them that much) played this area for the first time EVER about 2 years ago! The Restarts, Antidote, SS Kaliert and others skip us and hit Pittsburgh or Cleveland or Toronto. Though to their credit SSK did come to Buffalo on their first US tour and drew a huge crowd of 6 fuckin people =(

I feel your pain friend. I am isolated in a small town away form major cities and to get to the closest where bands play once in awhile is an hour which is hard to do when your always broke and have no like minded friends in your town. Gotta keep marchin on though and try to rebuild it.

Side note about DC area...I love A//Political who were from Baltimore and did a label there and were members of the anarcho-punk federation. At least you have that credit =p

RSS

Latest Activity

site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service