Mohawks Rock

I figured somebody might want to see the video that was shot.
A how to video on spiking your hair with soap, hair glue, and hair spray. It was done mostly for fun but also because I have gotten more than a few people who ask me how it works. :)

Views: 478

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cool.

I do know that it would be white on me too but once it completely dried and hardened after a few hours it was barely noticeable. The comb may affect it though I cannot support any arguments either way. I never used a fine tooth comb but a hair pick.
I've slept on it and it's still quite white. Trying to use a little water to calm it down right now, without making it lather up lol.

It wasn't white pre-combing so I'm thinking that's all it can be. Still, ace method :)
interesting.

That is a problem I never encountered. New surprises all the time =p
Ouch! It looks like it hurts when ur combing out your mohawk...

But your method is a great idea ; )

I use Got2B Freezing Spray
it can hurt sometimes both when i used soap and now with knox. The thicker it is and the more you dry it, the harsher it is to do.

Not always pleasant and it makes a horrible crackling noise =p
So how does it hold up when you take your shirt on and off? Just with Got to be hairspray mine stays pretty stiff but i always put more spray on it every morning and pull up the back a bit if it fell.

What do you think about just using the got to be gel and forgetting about the soap? The whole soap thing just seams like a big process.
it held up fine with shirts and stuff.

If your hair can be stood up with just the glue stuff go for it. Mine could not due to its fineness.
So i finally got around to trying it, i didn't let the soap dry long enough so my hair isn't as stiff as it could be but it looks much better. The hairspray alone made it clump up and the tips split.

Also my hair smells like fresh soap all the time!

I started a new piece of soap that i will let dry out much longer so i'm sure it will work better. So yeah this is how i'm going to be doing my hair from now on. Thanks man!
awesome man that is good to know that it worked good for you.

It can be a bit of work, especially if the soap is not dry enough and it is really hard to calculate out how long it will take to dry out.

I always enjoyed the smell of the soap mixed with the spray and glue. It was the best I would ever smell and people around me would be like "dude, did you finally shower?" haha It is certainly much better smelling than knox...now they have to deal with my pungent aroma haha
One thing you should know is that if you have darker hair you will see all the soap flakes after you brush your hair out, i was able to make most of it go away but in the sun your hair looks really shiny and kinda white. Which isn't really a big deal, but just so you know.

I'm sure as i perfect it it won't be as much as a problem.
Its a great video for those of us who have shorter hawks. Unfortunately youc an't use that method for big hawks like mine. Mines about 7 inchs, if i had a camera and time to do this i would try to do a how to on the big ones, but i don't have either. It would be nice to see one though.
hah yes I noticed that as my hair got longer this method did not work as good as knox. It still worked it just took more time and frustration from me to get it looking decent. It could depend on width and also hair type.

but I stand by your statement for sure. Not as good once the hair gets longer =)

RSS

Latest Activity

Toker commented on Gigs McGee's group 'Beer Lovers!!'
Apr 23
Toker left a comment for ScumFuc
Apr 23
Gibby updated their profile
Apr 19
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4