Mohawks Rock

So for anybody not aware of what happened a few days...for the first time ever a military unit is doing dedicated and active missions on United States soil. I strongly suggest you take the 27 minutes it will take to watch or listen to this interview with Naomi Wolff who is an author that stands strongly for free speech. She goes through and illustrates, citing historical examples of the systematic coming of the police state which is very much a coming reality that is being built towards.

Is it scary? Your fucking right it is. More so for some than others and I urge you all, as this is coming to evaluate where you really stand. Saying you are against oppression, racism, sexism, or any of that is rhetoric, really evaluate, do some reading on things, connect shit together and see if you really support liberation movements, or if you are trapped in a state of comfort. The answer may really surprise you...it sure as fuck surprised me. (For good reading on that subject, I highly recommend the book "How Nonviolence Protects the State" by Peter Gelerloos. Available here: http://www.microcosmpublishing.com/catalog/title/1663/

here is the interview which was done on October 4th in Seattle.

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WTF!
WTF DUDE FUCKING SHIT THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD FUCKING BACK OFF THAY SHOULD BE SCARED OF US NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND DANG....people need to start acting and stop talking
It has been a very systematic breaking down of people in the US and the world through very controlled and targeted propaganda and very slow escalation of their tactics which is aided greatly by the control of the media so people never see it or feel it until it close to too late. By that time though, through the systematic breaking down and instilling of fear on every level in our lives, people still don't believe it and if they do, most are not prepared to defend themselves.

For instance, though this action began on October first, and was announced on Democracy Now! no September 23rd I believe, a very few amount of people even know it is happening! Largely that is because of the control mechanisms that feed that very select and targeted propaganda that says everyone else is an enemy "If your not with us, your with the terrorists" is a very very broad claim by GWB that effects people subconsciously more and more as government agencies start taking in "the enemy" and then people get paranoid and comply or they get the false illusion that the government is doing its job. A big problem is that alternative media that is often less skewed, is largely inaccessible easily. It is not on cable networks and to really start connecting the dots and seeing the slow choke hold being applied, you have to spend a huge amount of time to dig it up and find alternative news sources which is not easy for a lot of people who have no idea what to look for.

For example, look up Oaxaca, Mexico or Chiapas and see what you find quickly on the civil rights, women's rights, and repression that has been happening in that area. See if you find about the recent rapes and murders of activists and organizers involved with that stuff. It can be found but most people will type it in Google, see the pages for tourism, find the wikipedia which makes a brief mention but no further links to dig in to it all.

So when it all comes together and works in unison, which it always is, it is such a slow and creeping thing that people do not see it due to their schedules which tell them they are too busy to become aware, or a naive line of thinking that it wont happen to them or it cant happen here. And if you do become aware, then you need to start facing your fears and denial of where you stand in a white supremacist society. There is a lot to be afraid of because the state will kill you or imprison you if you are a threat and if you do not believe that you have whitewashed or not looked at a lot of history. Animal and Environmental activists are the top domestic terror threat according to our government. They top the most violent and vile white power extremist groups that have killed many people. The ALF or ELF have never killed one person, yet at the top domestic terror spots, there they are. They can be put in military prisons like Guantanamo and they have no rights because they would be treated as terror suspects

And that is why people are not acting because the comfort of white privilege is more important than standing in solidarity with equal rights for everybody It is naive to think every single person can just drop everything and fight but largely, people are not even doing anything. very change we make in ourselves, and every step we take towards preparing ourselves towards standing in solidarity rather than saying we do, makes the people a much bigger threat. But to get to that we have to cut through a lot of shit form a lot of angles including our own kind (activists) and for insight on that I really again recommend that book I mentioned because it is a lot to get in to.

But generally, we need to understand that wishing it to be better will never make it better and it never has and understand at this point that to truly convict to bringing a social revolution takes a diversity of tactics and that if you really commit yourself to it, you will face a hard life that will be very beautiful because you can know that you backed it up, you put your loves, your family, the future generations, before your own greed and comfort.

Yes though you are correct, people do need to start acting and stop talking.
Very disturbing.
I would like to say more about it (damn this language barrier), but I don't know how to say it in English without creating misunderstandings.

RSS

Latest Activity

site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service