Mohawks Rock

i think it is time for mohawks rock to move on to bigger and better things, for one an external forum with moderators etc to keep threads on topic and keep everything in general order, that way we can have two forums one here for chit chat and general member discussion and an external one for more serious discussion and stuff, it will also keep trolls in order xD

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, I don't like the way this is formatted. I hardly ever visit anymore because it is a pain in the neck for my computer to load. I do like reading the forum topics though, when I do get on.

I wish this was a vBulletin forum or something.
yeah this forum should just be general member talk and the external forums for serious mohawk talk
not just the ability to change layouts etc, but moderators etc
This is an interesting thought. I think it would be better to keep everything in one place, but if there are features out there that are needed then we should definitely consider our options. I'll be looking into it, but definitely feedback your replies here.
I think the general new organization that has been implemented will help out a lot. With the different categories things should be a bit easier for both new and old members to find.

So kudos on that sir.

I do not know if we should be hastey about another, external forum. I think this one serves just fine and we should give a chance to see if the re-organizing will help it.

If an external forum would be needed, I think it should follow the doom-metal.com format. What I mean is there is doom-metal.com which has all the info on the genre of doom-metal, reviews, bandlists, shows etc and serves as the general information. Then there is also a link to the forum where people can communicate directly. I like that site because it is a direct mutual thing between the forum and the site.
kudos
what of kudos? =)

kudos the granola bar here in the state...delicious though overpriced (as everything) and never in dumpsters =(

kudos on myspace.....dumb and pointless I guess

kudos...the word....plain awesome =D

maybe in here I contradict myself but hey, we all do it.
kudos to the fact that you said kudos
also wit the new categories it is somewhat tedious to find new posts, whereas on another forum you can quickly access posts since your last visit
Finding newer posts with the categories in place is a problem when going directly to the forum. That was one reason I did not implement categories when they first became available. However, it appears that categories have been well received, so thanks for bringing that up.

To find newer posts, there are drop downs on the upper right that you can select to "view discussions" or "view categories". When in "view discussions" mode you can choose from another drop down various ways you'd like them sorted.

Also, what does everyone think about keeping it "discussion-based" vs. "category-based" on the homepage. I like discussion myself, because the page will constantly have new content, but the argument, especially for newer people can be made to put the categories there.

Finally, as I find time I'm trying to retro-actively go back and sort the other conversations. If you have ideas for new categories, let me know. I know Segadoway previously mentioned one for like idealogical debate.
my favorite forums are on gonegothic.com though you have to be a member to view them. (warning, noobs are often hazed to bring out their personality haha..too many people take it to heart)

i think browsing some other forums can give you some great ideas on making these ones better. i like the changes so far!
Added in a new layout for the forums home. Puts categories, 5 latest active posts in those categories and even the top 5 most active posters in the forums, ironically 4 out of the 5 which are on the post.

RSS

Latest Activity

Toker commented on Gigs McGee's group 'Beer Lovers!!'
Tuesday
Toker left a comment for ScumFuc
Tuesday
Gibby updated their profile
Apr 19
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4