Mohawks Rock

So I know everyone here is into different music types and all that, but who here's into bands like Strung Out, Pennywise, Bad Religion, Rise Against, The Offspring.

and if you're into these bands, feel free to recommend bands like them.

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bad Religion, Rise Against, The Offspring <3333

I saw Rise Against about a week ago in NYC. It was magnifique.

Is Rancid from SoCal.. or Central Cal.. or NoCal? lol
I'm pretty sure Norcal
Oh.. well they're still good haha
the Offspring got together at a Social D concert!
Social Distortion is a good local SoCal Band. Um. If you want good Venice punk rock bands from like the late 80s early 90s I recommend the CD Farewell To Venice, I just got it from a Friend who used to roll with the Venice Punk Scene, and it is pretty cool. He used to play in Last Round Up, and his bro plays in Last Round Up and Butcher. Check em out
OPERATION IVY, yeah they were kinda in mid Cal but still kick ass all the same

i would add Black Flag to the list too
yeah, actual location doesnt matter, but the sound is what I'm talking about

Cause I've always thought of myself as a fan of "punk" but I listen to the bands I've listed, but most people consider punk to be like Circle Jerks, Ramones, Sex Pistols, the Clash and whatnot. yeah, so i'm trying to find more music like what I listen to.

but feel free to recommend any bands, the ones that have been recommended have turned out pretty good so far.
If you like Last Round Up, look up BUTCHER, it is the same lead singer.
Try the Unseen, or the Horrorpops <333333333333333333333, I don't think either of them are from Cal, but w/e.

Oi Polloi! Pussy Snot! Anti-Flag! GBH! Lower Class Brats! Total Chaos! A Global Threat! The Misfits omfggggg <3 yes.. I'd do ex-guitarist Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein any day. Casualties.. are from NYC. Devotchkas, Distillers, the Havoc, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Dead Kennedys.. might be from California, Minor Threat, Subhumans are totally not from Cali, CHEAP SEX! The Cramps... yeahhh... =]
Do I need to mention xDxIx? (D.I. haha)

dead thread and all. but none the less.
ah, not for me, I've seen them live twice. They're awesome, but thanks for bringing them up, more people should hear about them
Not a problem!

They've got quite the underground following out here on the east coast, and had they actually gone on the national tour they had planned last year...it would have been fun.
Dated a kid who had one of their logos (the dog perhaps) as a tattoo... it was interesting haha. He totally is a Cali kid.

RSS

Latest Activity

Toker commented on Gigs McGee's group 'Beer Lovers!!'
Apr 23
Toker left a comment for ScumFuc
Apr 23
Gibby updated their profile
Apr 19
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4