Mohawks Rock

Hey guys. I've been wanting to do something with my hair for the longest, and liberty spikes has always struck me as awesome. So I'd like to know a couple of basics before and while I'm doing the actual spiking. As of now, my only resources is this http://www.wikihow.com/Liberty-Spike-Your-Hair, and I don't know accurate it really is. My hair length is slightly above my chest, so I'm thinking I'm going to need a strong product. With that said, any tips and suggestions for the spikes are wanted here! Thanks.

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, I'll check it out right now.
After seeing that video, now I really want to do it. Is there any website you guys go to for the "Got2BeGlued" product he talked about that ships it in 1-3 days (for not too much) ?

Or better yet, a local/major store in Miami that sells it?
I found this site and the 2-day shipping is fairly cheap compared to other sites:
http://www.folica.com/got2b_Glued_Sty_d1482.html

My hair is longer than I thought, and my head is fairly big. Should I get one or two cans of hair spray?
if you have a walgreens, longs drugstore, walmart, target, they should all have it.
Really? The product seemed pretty exclusive to hair-based stores but I'll give the major chains a try as well. Thanks.
I went to Wal-Mart today and had no luck finding the product. There are Targets and Walgreens in my area, but if Wal-Mart doesn't even have it, I don't know if these will. So I have to decide whether to buy this product online for 1 day shipping (which goes for about $25) or try something else (I saw a page about egg whites) as an inexpensive alternative.

Any suggestions?
I really hope they have it, as I want to have it before Friday.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for this.
RICHARD POVIAN!
Well... after looking in 3 local hair salons, I had no luck finding the got2be blasting freeze spray. I then tried a nearby Walgreens for one last shot... and they had two bottles left!! FUCK YEAH

I bought both just in case one wasn't enough. So, now that I have the product, any last suggestions before Friday comes along? (besides watching the instructional video)
try backcombing, and making the spikes spaced ABSOLUTELY perfect it makes it look way better, spend a hell of a lot more time on the base and only glue the tip, make sure you dry it completely and get the product really well into the hair, DO NOT let any spike get top heavy.
Sorry for the late response to this, I just got my internet back.

So the whole liberty spikes thing was a disappointment. I got up 4 in the morning and already had my hair parted. The first spike was the only good one, the second one eventually fell over, the third and fourth were on the sides and were curving down, and the last one started to split up.

I applaud anyone who could pull this type of hairstyle on a daily basis.

Anyway, I'm thinking of just doing a mohawk before I chop off all my hair. The thing is, I ultimately want to donate my hair to a cancer patient of some sort who needs it more than I do. I don't know if cutting the sides one time and then the middle a few days later will be good for donating hair. Anyone ever donated their hair in these conditions?

RSS

Latest Activity

site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service