Mohawks Rock

If you guys want/have children how would/do you raise them? Do you raise them on children's shows and cartoons, or do you let them watch action or horror movies?

Personally I was raised on horror movies and metal. My husband are trying to have kids and I plan on raising our kids in much the same way, except on punk not metal (even though I do like me some metal, but they'll mostly be hearing punk as that's mostly what my husband and I listen to).... and I won't have them around any illegal drugs.

So what's your take?

Views: 367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I was in a store that had just opened in the mall with my friend, I believe we witnessed one of the worst fits from a child ever seen. I mean this little snot-nosed brat was screaming like hell, kicking on the floor kicking her mother, throwing merchadise, oh my god I have never seen the like since. It was outrageous.

But it gets better. The mother was nervously saying "I'm going to count to three and if you don't stop, we're leaving. One...two...two and a half...I'm serious. One....two...." Holy fuck, woman!

My friend and I (and I'm sure every other person in a 500ft radius of the place) were appalled. We just stood there watching, mouths open, until she said in a shocked voice, "If that was my kid....shit....I'd have spanked them black and blue." That ugly little brat was still screaming so loud my ears were beginning to ring. We were practically shouting to hear each other, about 25 feet away from the posessed monster.

I turned to her and said "If that fucking kid was mine, I'd hold her up by her hair until she puked and she'd never do it again."

We both agreed I probably should not have children-at least anytime in the near future.

I still cannot believe that happened. That any parent would allow that to happen.
omfg If that was me with MY mom, she would have taken me into the bathroom or car and spanked my ass so I couldn't sit for the next fucking WEEK. I saw that shit happen today when I was waiting for my cab (the bus stopped running at the time). Some little girl was literally SCREAMING for her dad and her mom couldn't console her.
Oh my god! :-(

We have a family that comes in, where the mom shops and her 3 kids loudly run around the store. They touch, grab, and try to eat everything in sight - and then some. When they don't get their way, they pester their mom louder and louder until she gives in (and this is after they start hitting her and calling her names and swearing at her and she just yells back at them).

Some parents need to really put their foot down. What are people going to remember more? Your kid being a terror in such a public place (especially in a small town) or the fact that you are a good parent and are in control of the situation?

It seems these days that no one cares for anyone else but themselves. And parent seemingly would rather have the TV baby sit their kids and when they actually have to deal with them, do anything to shut them up. And that is NOT helping things out.
Granted, not every family is like this...but it seems to be quite the growing trend. Ack.
Those kids deserve a good spankin' in public. *nods*
Fucking don't forget the parents who drug the hell out of their children and claim they have ADD or depression.

My parents did that to me and not only are my kidneys now fucked, I know for a fact I'm a hell of a lot more paranoid than I used to be My friends said I was like a goddamn zombie until I was finally able to stop taking them.(Don't think I could've stopped before I moved out at barely 17, my mom would've kicked me out and then called the cops to tell them I was a runaway like always.) It's fucking horrid what people do to their children.

If you don't want to take care of them, don't fucking allow mistakes to happen! Your life ends when you have kids. They are pretty much your life for the next 18 years-and that's how it should be.
Yep. I totally agree. I lost track of how many kids were on ridilin at my school (and my school was only 128 students). My mom used to put me on antidepressant meds just because I stayed in my room all the time. THAT'S WHAT A TEENAGER DOES.
Oh jesus. I'm sorry to hear that...
I know I would move to Australia if I could...
If it goes to shit?
Pretty sure it's already begun to.
I think sometimes the parents shock me more than anything. I think I have one of the best examples in the world.

My friend Michelle and I were at IHOP, 3am and smoking our cigs (cigs for her, cloves for me), drinking coffee-it was a much practiced ritual. I don’t remember exactly what we were talking about but it must have been something quite private because we were speaking in hushed voices, as loud as it was in there. I hadn’t noticed the people that had been seated behind Michelle-we were in there anywhere from an hour to several at a time and people came and went frequently. I did notice, however, when the woman behind Michelle turned all the way around to look at me in particular. In the booth with her were 3 small children ages about 4-7 and a woman that looked to be a friend.

“Would you mind not cussing in front of my children!? Shut your mouth.” She spoke with a slur and eyes half closed. Obviously drunk, not to mention trashy. As she turned around, I heard her mutter ‘stupid fucking teenagers think they own the world…teach that freak to talk like that…’

Michelle put her face in her hands. There was no way I could resist.

I had a nasty smile on my face when I replied to her and I knew it. “Excuse me? I wasn’t exactly cussing around your children when I was speaking quietly enough that no one should have heard unless they were trying to. I don’t see how this matter anyways-it’s three in the morning and your children are half asleep. Not that I see you should be allowed to have children in any case-it’s four in the morning on a school night and you have your children in the smoking section of a restaurant and in case you didn’t know, it’s quite obvious that you’re drunk. If anyone has business shutting their mouth, it most definitely you. Oh. I’d also catch a cab home if I were you, your friend looks about as far gone as yourself and I’d hate to have to ask our nice waitress fetch the cops in the other section to prevent you from drunk driving with your children in the car. I’d learn some better manners to show your children, you ignorant cow.”

Michelle at least tried to be discreet about stifling laughter while the rest of the smoking section had gone quiet.

That stupid, ignorant bitch. We did fetch Johnny Law too, as they were about to leave and drive home.
I like your story. :-)

(and I miss ihops. =[ )

RSS

Latest Activity

Toker commented on Gigs McGee's group 'Beer Lovers!!'
Apr 23
Toker left a comment for ScumFuc
Apr 23
Gibby updated their profile
Apr 19
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5