Mohawks Rock

Ok, before I start let me say I'm not a nazi, and I don't claim to be a punk.

I'm just wondering why punks hate nazis as much as they do. I mean the majority of society does, but it's like punks take it to a whole different level. What I was thinking was that they hate them because they are racist and hate on other people. But it's kind of hypocritical, because some of the people on this site show the same hatred to nazis and such as the nazis would show to people. Idk I was just thinking about it and thought I would ask.

Again I'm not taking anyones side, I'm just curious.

Views: 713

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I pretty much love you, i would also like to add, that anyone that says that anarchists are hypocritical if they hate Nazis are idiots.
Also Nazis can be Jewish, black, even asian.
no one says you're hypocritical for hating nazis, hate in itself is irrational but its only human. however, i believe that the way most anarchists go about dealing with nazis (censorship and authoritative restriction) is to become facist (a far cry from anarchy eh?) and that's what makes you and others like you hypocrites.

don't misquote me, you only sound like an irrational 15 year old... oh wait.
Don't give yourself so much credit, i was not misquoting you, in fact i was not talking about you at all.
And if you knew anything about anarchy you would understand that there are rules and Nazis simply cannot exist in that society.
And i am going to ignore that last comment in the interest of general wellbeing.
"And if you knew anything about anarchy you would understand that there are rules"

Sorry, I know didn't read the whole thing and I'm not taking sides...but...???

Rules? To Anarchy? I thought that no rules was one of the whole points of it...
Common sense rules.
You obviously don't go out and commit hate crimes and kill people.
your right man, there can be different types of anarchy's but in most anarchists ideal anarchy every makes morally right choice and tht is why there is no need for government.
there aren't any rules to anarchy. he's just a hypocrite. even peaceful utopias have some sort of moral code or construct (aka "rules") and rules and codes and constructs are all forms of authority, and authority is not anarchy. He's a confused teenager that's all
I realized this was wrong, but it didn't seem anyone else had noticed his rather large mistake. Personal morals and codes are, well, personal. No one but yourself controls you.
but when a collection of beings live together in unison there is one set standard to which they all adhere. A code if you will. I spoke nothing of personal code in my last post, not saying they aren't a good thing to have, but i hope that this post will clarify any confusion from my prior statements.

What I am really getting at is that by stating that all of humanity (meaning each and every individual) will coexist in peaceful utopia without any form of united code of "morality" or "authority"(or any other name you'd like to give it) is unrealistic. In order for every individual to live in a manner which is "good" (good meaning that they do not infringe on the basic human rights of another { ex. the natural rights of John Locke}) the variable of FREE WILL must be removed. Essentially 100% of the people in the world must individually be altered to have the same belief system.

It is free will that allows us to be the masters of ourselves and make our own decisions, am i right? If you remove free will you remove real self control. If humans could only perform acts of good without any other alternative, would the things we do still be considered good? I feel as though free will is the only thing that separates us from a machine programmed for one function.

To the best of my knowledge, conflict is life, and it will take conflict to even attempt anarchy. To deny conflict, free will, or even the variance of belief systems is to deny humanity through an abuse of power. Take away freedom of choice for the sake of global peace? too high a price tag in my opinion.

I hope this clarified any confusion.
you make some good points... what i'm getting at though is, that through the internet, nazis pose no threat whatsoever. if they want to talk about how great it is to be racist let them we have the choice not to listen. when they attack people personally on the internet we can ignore them and/or block and evict them from social sites.

I agree with you that the damage they cause in the real world (hate crimes, murder, rape etc.) should be dealt with. No one is arguing with you there. I personally feel no exemption from their hate because i'm native american, i wasn't agreeing with him on that per se.

I don't care what nazis say, because while words can hurt they are also easily ignored. I'm more concerned with what they do because i believe that we all have undeniable human rights. It is when people in general including nazis violate the rights of another person, is when one must take action. When they make that choice to cross that line and take someone's life or livelihood, they forfeit the respect of their own rights and retribution must be taken.

I feel that fighting nazism for the sake of fighting nazism is foolish. people get too hung up on names and affiliations to think clearly in the world today. as long as a nazi isn't initiating hate and violence on a physical scale, i see no reason to fuck with them if its anything other than that just ignore them because they are waiting for you to hand them the reason to retaliate and make them look like victims which only strengthens their resolve. I say fight them but use discretion and know why you're fighting them.
"you make some good points... what i'm getting at though is, that through the internet, nazis pose no threat whatsoever. if they want to talk about how great it is to be racist let them we have the choice not to listen. when they attack people personally on the internet we can ignore them and/or block and evict them from social sites."

Nazis Do pose a significant threat no matter where they are.

"I agree with you that the damage they cause in the real world (hate crimes, murder, rape etc.) should be dealt with. No one is arguing with you there. I personally feel no exemption from their hate because i'm native american, i wasn't agreeing with him on that per se."

NOBODY is exempt.

"I don't care what nazis say, because while words can hurt they are also easily ignored. I'm more concerned with what they do because i believe that we all have undeniable human rights. It is when people in general including nazis violate the rights of another person, is when one must take action. When they make that choice to cross that line and take someone's life or livelihood, they forfeit the respect of their own rights and retribution must be taken."

They can be ignored, however they can corrupt people that are easily strayed, and some people can not or will not ignore them.

"I feel that fighting nazism for the sake of fighting nazism is foolish. people get too hung up on names and affiliations to think clearly in the world today. as long as a nazi isn't initiating hate and violence on a physical scale, i see no reason to fuck with them if its anything other than that just ignore them because they are waiting for you to hand them the reason to retaliate and make them look like victims which only strengthens their resolve. I say fight them but use discretion and know why you're fighting them"

This paragraph is ridiculous, Initiating hate on any scale is intolerable, and because they are Nazis they WILL go up the next step, they believe in mass genocide and will take any opportunity to gain an advantage, as if the holocaust wasn't enough of an example!
quote one: you provide no logical evidence to back up your hollow statement.

quote two: you misread the quote, i said i felt no exemption whatsoever from their hate, i am native american and thus not white... you essentially re-posted what i stated in the form of arrogant criticism and thus wasted your time.

quote three: you are an anarchist? you desire a utopian society with no government? if you think that you can control the ideals of bad people (through censorship) you eliminate free will. Thus rendering people to be mindless sheep only able to think "good" controlled thoughts with a limited scope of beliefs (aka your beliefs). How is this not control? If you want the world to live in peace you must first learn that you can't control the ideologies of the minorities let alone the masses.

quote four: it's not really ridiculous if you think about it. meet violence with violence, meet words with words. it is the risk we all take. if they speak we speak back, if they push we push back. It is not our place to incite violence over hatred of a label. it makes us no better than them. sure we can't forget about the holocaust but the nazis of then and the nazis of today are separate. The crimes of today are the only ones that warrant a response of the present generation, so i would be inclined to refute that statement.

just to clarify my ideals, i'm not as stupid as you think. i just think a name in itself is just a name. its what they do that concerns me, and its the only thing that deserves my physical intervention, everything else is just words and words should never be controlled no matter how disagreeable.

RSS

Latest Activity

site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service