Mohawks Rock

there was supposed to be a race war after a white kid and a black kid fought, white kid yelled nigger this nigger that and the black kid punched him, it was broken up after that.

thoughts on racism

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well racism amongst security guards in high schools is a big problem here too. In a lot of cases, security guards make the first and last call. I guess the only thing you can do is go to administration and be like "hey, the security guards are using selective enforcement when it comes to school policies and they need to be re-evalutated. if you are going to have these rules, then they should apply to everyone or no one." school districts try to hush race talk as fast as they can and will do whatever it takes to prevent the press from getting involved.
Racism is fucked up but that is the daily reality we face in the world and are indoctrinated in to it. Any group or person who throws around derogatory terms related to race, no matter if the person is African, white, Chicano, Spanish, oriental is a symptom that comes from people being taught to feel superior in any and all manner they can. Skin tone is one of the most superficial traits for this (though I do not condone anybody being "superior" in the sense that they are more worthy. We all have strengths and faults and always will)

So while we ALL need to stand against this bullshit, we must also understand the history of brutal racism in our world which still happens today. Its like being labeled anti-semitic if you oppose the fucked up shit Israel is doing to Palestine..it is a very weak, non-existant argument that quickly turns the tables if you do not know the history, the facts, and your place in it.

I was in Pittsburgh yesterday in a pretty bad neighborhood. Ended up at Save A Lot. My girlfriend and I are the only two white kids around and I have blue hair and look like a punk. Two people in the store come up to use as were looking at snacks to eat and ask about my bullet belt. They said they couldn't believe somebody walking around the hood with a belt of .308's they asked where I got it and where we were from and why we were there. They assumed college and I told them I am not in school and refuse to do so. They asked why and I told them that I don't believe in segregationist hierarchical systems that are tailored for racism, segregation, and to make us waste our life away. I told them I greatly value learning and knowledge but that those things are had more outside of school than in it.

At no time were any of us feeling awkward or threatened and I think that is in huge part due to attitudes. I know I am not racist and they could probably figure that out because of 1. Us not being afraid to be there and 2. Us not acting like we are better because we are not. A lot can be learned by watching how peopel react to their surroundings and watching their body language. Your attitude really is reflected in it.

So for the person who says the black girl says Yo White boy to which he responds with hey black girl....though not racist it is a stupid and confrontational response and confrontation is not always the best way to get past things...issues of racism, sexism or any oppression, and abuse are best treated by educating ourselves, and then others. So maybe if the white kids stop with the subtle confrontational responses which lead to stupid finger pointing of racism, we start opening logical and calm dialogues on inequality of all forms, maybe we will make a lot more progress. Talking with people and clarifying that you are not racist but then being knowledgeable enough to calmly talk with the person and say why what they said is racist and we all need to get away from that or it will never end.

But a lot of that would involve turning off your TV and stop subconsciously taking in all of these fucked up power dynamics daily. Start finding alternative means of entertainment, learning, and all that. Start challenging yourself and others by not condoning it but being able to back it up with your mind and work toward relieving it.
Racism=no
There were only white kids in my school and I never met an asian or black person til I was 16 and I moved to West Yorkshire where I experienced soo much racism it was ridiculous.

I got beaten up for being white and told I was going to be raped on a regular basis.

Ive moved back down nowadays and live in a town that is so racist the slightest hint of someone who isnt white sparks up violence.

Its so crazy I cant believe places like it exist!

I dont think its as bad in the U.K though?
hahaha i dunno that sounds pretty shite
thats why i carry a gun lol you should probably do the same
I'm racist against white people.

The white man is responsible for all the hate in the world, for all the suffering.

Down with Whitey!
I sense great sarcasm in you lol
lmao thats fuckin funny as fuck hey if that kid was standing up for his race then im proud of that fucker but if he was just doin it to be an asshole then fuck him
what do you care, youre a nazi
You fuckin nazi. Shut the fuck up
wow, shit. i got a choice which school to go to: rich white or gang filled. chose the safe choice, but there were like five black kids! i always felt i was racist or something because i didn't have any black friends ... then i want to college ...

but anyway in HS if somebody even THOUGHT a racist insult too loud they were bound, gagged, and dragged off to detention and a special meeting with the dean. gay jokes, sexist jokes and jokes that were just in really poor taste only got a finger wag. i think my school was over compensating or something but it was rediculous and all the girls and gblt's would complain that it wasn't fair treatment.

RSS

Latest Activity

Toker commented on Gigs McGee's group 'Beer Lovers!!'
Tuesday
Toker left a comment for ScumFuc
Tuesday
Gibby updated their profile
Apr 19
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4