Mohawks Rock

My family was alright - everyone pretty much takes their cue from my mum and it was her that first cut my 'hawk. My workmates know, they ask me what colour it's been this weekend as when I work it's always down and blonde.

Views: 884

Replies to This Discussion

I just recently got another mohawk, been wanting another ever since I first got one 2 summers back :) This time I went and buzzed the sides and I love it! Everyone's been pretty positive about it, I've gotten a couple rude comments but those people can get bent. A lot of people are surprised and they pet the sides like it's a kitten or something, I also get people tell me I've got some balls or i'm 'brave'. I love having a mohawk, wouldn't have it any other way!
When I first got a mohawk, my mother pretty much flipped shit. but she got used to it (after about 5 months..)
As far as reactions from other people? I've had random ladies ask me why I would do something like that to myself, why I would do such an 'ugly' thing to such a pretty face, how I expect to get a boyfriend with hair like this, etc. but of course, Im just like whateevveer lady.
I've had a few people tell me its really cool though. :D
very good- my bf - i wanted him to have one- and he told me he thought chicks with mohawks were hot. i was so happy-
cause i was always worried that guys didn't like them. but i always wanted to do it- so he did and i did- but he's actually got ocurt stuff going on so he had to get rid of it. but the reactions i get are actually usually pretty good. infact i think people are actually more positive with me or something... . . family? they don't know! i have to wear a beanie lol
family wise: dad calls me a rooster and kinda laughs at it
mom says i'm odd
brothers and sisters think i'm crazy but they think its cool
my sis just recently [few days ago] helped me dye it blue which was rad cause she's totally into the ghetto rap music gangster stuff. her wanting me to have blue hair was a shock.
friends: they love it. some miss my long hair but they know i love my hawk.

the only bad looks or comments i get are from old people
kids love it and always want to play with it
I am new. This is my first post.

My family have only seen pictures. My mom misses my hair. My dad just laughs at it.
I get stopped in stores by random older guys really asking if they could do that to their hair and where I get the colour I put in it.
My hawk is only about 3in but it's dark pink and I love it. So fuck everyone else.
EXACTLY! Anyone who talks shit isn't worth your time. I love my mohawk, I wouldn't change cutting my hair for even a second!
I haven't had mine all that long, but so far the response is pretty amazing. All my friends and family have been very supportive (most of my friends have or had mohawks and my youngest brother has one as well. He's 11). I went out to dinner with a couple of friends and my boyfriend the first time I did a "fluffyhawk", and I got really strange responses from the older crowd at Shari's. An old woman sitting by the window looked like she was about to have a heart attack when I walked by. I laughed my ass off. I got some interesting looks from people, but that's fine. I mean, I've got my hair sticking up and out on top of my head. I'm not so naive as to think that nobody is going to stare. If anyone harasses me about it, then we'll have a problem. It's interesting to see how diverse the "mohawked" community is. There are so many different ways to cut and style it. I love being a part of it, and all my friends are proud that I'm finally taking my own advice: Don't be afraid to let your freak flag fly.
I figgered my mom would be pissed, but she ended up loving it. I think as a mom she felt like she needed to dislike it, but whenever I *wouldn't* wear it up when we went out or something she'd be like "aw, your mohawk's not up!" But then, she had half her head shaved off when she was a teenager (she went to highschool in eighties. extrapolate from there). My dad thought it was funny 'cause he shaved his whole head, so me and him kinda matched while my mom and sister had the long blonde hair. My mom's only concern was that I could keep my job. And I could!

Immediate family was pretty awesome about it :) However, I have a cousin who's a cop who was REALLY pissed when I got it. Cops like to take the whole "punk-hating pigs" thing a little too far here :<

And on that note, most of the general public likes it or hates it, but it's a especially a red-flag with the law-enforcement. Being a lady with a MOHAWK? I must be committing violent, illegal acts at all times.
I don't get any... verbal negative responses, really. Although, yesterday morning my parents took me out to breakfast down at Village Inn and I caught a poitively ancient woman (I'm talking 93-97ish?) staring me down, I just smiled until she scoffed and turned back to her meal. Other that that I'm now a trendsetter at my school, multiple girls have told me they want a hawk of their own now which is either pretty cool or irking depending on the different girls who've told me this. Oh well.
The reations i get usually are good from my girl friends, but my guy friends tend to tell me i look like a lesbian. Its easy to not give a shit what they think though. I think i look badass.

Most of my friends were like "WOW, i'd never have the guts to do that!" and a lot of ppl want to rub my hair. I get irritated by it, and i tell them. Its funny to see people's heads turning when i pass, even tho my mohawk is not that long! When i pass touristic places i see the chinese dudes with the camera's turn immedeatly, so i think i'm unwantedly famous:p

I see it as a compliment^^

okay the bitches dare to laugh, but mostly i go talk to them then, you should see their faces then!

im either a dyke, male, well up for it, dont mind havin my arse slapped, ppl laugh, stare, almost recoil in horror like omg what has she done, old ladys cross over the street, babys laugh :), then u get them dicks that think they can get away with touchin my hawk, then ofcorse i kinda forget i cant always get away with knocking them out in a busy crowded street :P

ppl just asume that there is somthing wrong  with me but its kinda aluring and they want to know more, but im busy gettin high fuck off :D

xxx

RSS

Latest Activity

site created by
Giant Mohawk Man

Members

© 2024   Created by Giant Mohawk Man.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service