Mohawks Rock

What point can you switch from hair gel to hair spray ? My hawk's still pretty short (1 1/2"), and last time I tried got2b freeze spray it just made my hair smell bad - didn't really do anything.

I don't think I can gel it up pointy/fanned too much longer, it already wants to flop when I dry it.

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

mine is currently about this length and certainly no more than 2 inches and I use spray and a straightener. Not the best looking mohawk right now because its short so its hard for me to shape but soon it will be better =)

I would say give spray a try and start figuring out what works best for you.
my mowies about 6 inches and i switched to spray when it got to 3 inches. keep the gel tho to stop the tops splitting. the best stuff to use is got 2 be freeze spray and hair glue.
well when gel stops working then that is when
I use cheapish hairspray and I'm at the same height (in hawk only :D ) as you. I find it alot easier now that it's bleached - it keeps straighter longer. But basically, I just spray each side; then use a comb to hold it upright and blast with hairdrier on each side. I leave it a bit to cool, brush it outwards and repeat. Gives me a wide brush effect to me mohawk.
I use gel first and then the freeze spray. Works well for me.
If you're using got2b glue then you're good until 3-4 inches I'd say. 10 inches if you liberty spike. I would say the problem is either your hair is wet (or at least not dry) when you go to use the glue or you're using too much product. Try using just a tiny bit of the glue on dry hair, work the product completly through your hair, don't worry about how it looks when you're working it in, you've got plenty of time before it drys (although much less time then you're used to if you use a lot of product or wet hair, the less product you use, the less time it will take to dry) once worked in, do your mohawk shape and you should be A-OK. If after all that and you're still drooping, try hairspray.. cause you can use hairspray at virtually any length. It's as simple as grabbing your hair at it's very tip (with one hand), pulling upwards. Not too hard that it hurts, but hard enough so your hair goes straight and doesn't droop. Spraying both sides generously with hairspray, and blow drying on a low setting until it's completely dry. Repeat along your head until you're hair is standing up... The first section you do will be the hardest, as you can follow along using the standing up part to help stand up the not standing hair.. if that makes sense. If you cant get the first part up with your hand, just put your head between your knees and let gravity do the work for you.

RSS

Latest Activity

Toker commented on Gigs McGee's group 'Beer Lovers!!'
Apr 23
Toker left a comment for ScumFuc
Apr 23
Gibby updated their profile
Apr 19
Bryan Gordley updated their profile
Apr 5
Toker commented on Emil Sellven's photo
Apr 4